Fuel Injection (2 Viewers)

NASCAR moving closer to fuel injection - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

I know the initial reaction to this will be "who cares", but it looks like NASCAR will use EFI starting in 2011 with the similarity to show room vehicles being a primary factor.

I wonder how close Pro Stock is (or not) and will this trigger a push towards EFI in Pro Stock.

Not stirring the pot, just thinking out loud.

The NHRA will follow within 3-4 years... just like they did with the trucks, the countdown... etc.... IMO they should already be running it.

Registered member said:
I know the initial reaction to this will be "who cares", but it looks like NASCAR will use EFI starting in 2011 with the similarity to show room vehicles being a primary factor. I wonder how close Pro Stock is (or not) and will this trigger a push towards EFI in Pro Stock.
Appears that the "haves" in NASCAR already are on track with efi. I'll bet ya there are some heavy duty fuel mapping guys from other series already on board at Hendrick (and perhaps other heavy hitter teams). The key word in this statement is "Regulate." Putting a computer in Sprint Cup cars is gonna open Pandora's Box for NASCAR Tech.
I totally agree that NHRA needs to get rid of decades old technology in P/S, but it might not be a bad idea to sit back and see how NASCAR polices this.

NASCAR shooting to implement fuel injection in 2011: By the time the 2011 racing season gets under way, the only place to find a carburetor in the Sprint Cup Series might be in NASCAR's Hall of Fame. Officials said today that they hope to replace carburetors with fuel injection, and have been testing potential systems with an eye toward making the change as soon as possible. "We are in the process of the development and the testing and have been for probably six or eight months," " said Robin Pemberton, vice president of competition for NASCAR. The easy part is to just build the fuel injection system. The thing that we need to put into play is how are we going to regulate it, and what's going to be fair for everybody?" NASCAR is one of the only racing organizations that continues to use carburetors in its series. Fuel injection is a more accurate, and efficient, way of delivering fuel into the engine. It has been around since the 1950s and has been in place on all passenger cars in the United States since the late 1980s. Pemberton said some Cup teams have already been developing and working with systems with the expectation that such a move would eventually be made. Some teams, Pemberton said, "do have track time … on their early production or early prototype fuel injection system. "So our goal is to shoot for 2011," he said. "I think that's pretty aggressive. "We are pushing hard."(SceneDaily)(1-23-2010

Last edited:
Maybe this the window of opportunity Harold Martin has been waiting for.......oh that's right no more AC/Delco.:(

Or . . . a nice carbon fiber low-profile unit ala Vette/Camaro/Caddy CTS V!
No hood scoop – how much speed would they pick up without that boat anchor sticking up in the air?

That boat anchor supercharges the engine!

I wonder what the HP gain versus HP required to push it through the air at 210mph are.

iffen I remember correctly, WJ has been campaigning for EFI for some time now. I'll bet dollars to donuts that most major pro stock engine builders have "secretly" dyno tested "experimental" combos.

I'll be if it happens, the computers will be sealed "spec" units. The trick will be how to do that, and still allow the crew chiefs to "tune" the fuel maps.

NHRA can't police EFI.... Yes Pro Stock Motorcycle runs it but I don't think anyone in NHRA understands EFI and the programs to really police it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back