Front row seats (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
This photo from Header Flames, is for all of you that never attended a drag race before the tracks were designed by lawyers and insurance companies.

This is how we used to watch fuel cars run at Lions.

lions.jpg

Jay

Last edited:
Jay, what great picture. Feel very lucky to be able to say that I got to go to the beach!:)

The picture won't appear if you're not a signed in member of Header Flames. :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry; Didn't realize non members couldn't see it. I thought everyone was a Header Flames member.

Jay

Last edited:
I tried registering on Header Flames...got a message that the site doesn't allow self-registration....what do you need an invitation or sponsor or something like that? :confused:

Can't see it since I'm not a member over at Flames....can someone send an invite??

Mike

I am waiting for the owners permission to repost the photo so you can see it.

Header Flames is by invitation only. Not a fan site. I am not sure how you go about getting an invitation. Maybe someone else can post that info.

Jay

Great picture, Jay!

Looks like a blast, wish I would could have been there.... :eek:

Thanks for re-posting the picture.

Brian. :)

Great pic. I remember those seats above the sign very well. The greatest place to watch a race was at Lions. You looked down into the car as it came by. Wonderful stuff. I remember a guy launched a blower off the car at about 40 feet past the starting line, and it ended up in the middle of those grandstands.

BTW: Is that Brisette's infamous 219 mph fueler? I don't remember if Paul Sutherland was driving or Bill Alexander, or someone else. Maybe someone else out there will recognize it.

Anyway, great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Jay, as much as I hate Sonoma the spectator side of that track is pretty much like Lions was! You have the fence, and the wall's like 2-3 ' away! Can't say the same about the other side though.

Awesome photo. I've seen other pictures from Lions, and you could easily see how close you were when you were in the grandstand by the famous "Lions" sign.

Awesome photo. I've seen other pictures from Lions, and you could easily see how close you were when you were in the grandstand by the famous "Lions" sign.

I always liked the first two sections on the opposite side, or, the stairs, or right behind the rollers... wasn't really a bad seat in the house....

d'kid
Items in Photograph Are closer than they appear...:D

Great pic. I remember those seats above the sign very well. The greatest place to watch a race was at Lions. You looked down into the car as it came by. Wonderful stuff. I remember a guy launched a blower off the car at about 40 feet past the starting line, and it ended up in the middle of those grandstands.

BTW: Is that Brisette's infamous 219 mph fueler? I don't remember if Paul Sutherland was driving or Bill Alexander, or someone else. Maybe someone else out there will recognize it.

Anyway, great stuff. Thanks for posting.

Yes that's it with the "kid" in the seat.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back