From the Grandstands - Father's Day Edition (1 Viewer)

a great read, especially for those of us who started with our dads and now are passing it onto the next generation

thanks Pops

Another fine job Tim.
I lost my dad 10 yrs. ago. Enjoy them while you still got them. Days like today are still hard at times.
Happy Fathers Day

Hi everyone. I just got back from the jr dragster event at Fontana (SoCal).

I got to crew on Martin Thomas' jr. dragster. (driven by his son Emmett)
It was my first time to a jr.dragster event, and didn't know much about jr dragster racing.

It was so cool to see Fathers and families out there teaching good values, ethics, hard work, and sportsmanship to the new generation of children.
Plus, they were having fun too!
Cool Father's day.

Great article Tim.
Remind me to re-shoot that pic of you and Drew watching a funny car warming up. This time I'll get the funny car in the pic. :eek:

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I just got back from the jr dragster event at Fontana (SoCal).

I got to crew on Martin Thomas' jr. dragster. (driven by his son Emmett)
It was my first time to a jr.dragster event, and didn't know much about jr dragster racing.

It was so cool to see Fathers and families out there teaching good values, ethics, hard work, and sportsmanship to the new generation of children.
Plus, they were having fun too!
Cool Father's day.

Great article Tim.
Remind me to re-shoot that pic of you and Drew watching a funny car warming up. This time I'll get the funny car in the pic. :eek:
When Martin was talking about going to the race in chat that monday night, that is when the idea hit me about this column. The pic of me and Andrew is a classic. When Paul Anderson came up on the 'R'S Drew was asking what he was doing. I explained how the blown alcohol cars do that and no Sh!t he explained it to a kid sitting in the stands at bandimerê word for word when a blown alcohol pro mod was running.

That pic with him as well as the one Joe took with him on my shoulders in 'the pit' is my favorites of all time.

As always Timmah, great writing...

Dad would drop me off at the track around 8AM and come pick me up after.

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back