Free Morgan (1 Viewer)

I watched first round of eliminations on tv earlier, and when Hagan's car came up to run I noticed John Smith adjusting the idle before they put the body down, and then after the burnout prior to staging, he adjusted the MV and gave Matt directions. This must have been an illusion, because someone who knows everything about everyone gave the quote below.

I luv it...Lucas/Force cannot make the show w/ millions of dollars as racers like Densham/Hagan are making the field on 10-20k a race...

Matts brother is tuning the car...Mike/John are not anywhere near that tune-up.

I don't know the exact figures, but I do know that he is way off on his budget figures.

And who does he think designed and demanded the 3 rail cars? Even after being told by several old timers that have driven 3 rail cars in the past that they are evil handling machines. Many teams have updated their chassis and have 2 rail cars running today.

I watched first round of eliminations on tv earlier, and when Hagan's car came up to run I noticed John Smith adjusting the idle before they put the body down, and then after the burnout prior to staging, he adjusted the MV and gave Matt directions. This must have been an illusion, because someone who knows everything about everyone gave the quote below.

I don't know the exact figures, but I do know that he is way off on his budget figures.

And who does he think designed and demanded the 3 rail cars? Even after being told by several old timers that have driven 3 rail cars in the past that they are evil handling machines. Many teams have updated their chassis and have 2 rail cars running today.

Terry can't make up his mind Virgil....

"Hagans 18 year old brother builds the short blocks and makes the bellhousing calls....."

He changes his calls like a babies diaper, one minute, it's an 18 year old making the calls, then his brother makes the bellhousing shots, then he makes the calls on the tune up, and the Smiths are nowhere near it.

And yeah those figures wouldn't even cover a team to run at a race like Indy with what the 5 sessions already costing you over $20,000, and that's without doing any damage....

Oh Terry, I think you just speak crap for the sake of speaking crap. So ill wait for you to tell us all, that Matt is full of crap and Virgil is having illusions, and anything else you can make up :rolleyes:

I must say I have been enjoying ESPN's "anguish" cam trained directly on the oil baron who is NHRA's last big dollar sponsor. Normally Shumacher gets the anguish cam, but today we have a new star.

I think the Lucas team's and maybe Mrs. Green's problem could be fixed by riding on top of a tool box in a station wagon all the way to Indy from LA. A lot of resourcefulness and race craft is developed during periods of adversity. Prudhomme said it best today when he was asked why he was in the donut shop at 5 a.m.

Any one notice how little ESPN is making of JF not making the show.

Mark

Prudhomme said it best today when he was asked why he was in the donut shop at 5 a.m.

That's the part of drag racing that I miss the most. Staying up all night working on the car. I will never forget while changing motors in my Top Comp dragster at 2:00 a.m. and looking up and seeing a crowd watching every move we made. To me that was racing.

I luv it...Lucas/Force cannot make the show w/ millions of dollars as racers like Densham/Hagan are making the field on 10-20k a race...

LoL.. you need to talk to Matts Dad... out of his mouth after the win in the IHRA at Rockingham.. the " Mill and a half was worth it now"......lol... 1 hour later we all got loaded and full at the "Barn" in southern pines... ( who knows what they spend a race.. but i know Matts dad won't let anything go by that needed to get the job done)

Hagan him self also said in quailifing tv coverage thanks to Paul Smith and John Smith for the tuning help .. and if you re watch the first round run of Matts you see Paul up on the line with Matt also.... i beileve the Smiths were the hired guns of the week at Indy.. worked with several teams..

Billy

Last edited:
I'm sure Forrest was no happier than Force or Kenny Bernstein or Gary Scelzi or all the others who didn't qualify, or went out 1st round.....no matter how much money they have.

And about the back-when racing. Been there, done that, seen the movie! Been in this sport over 45 years.

Since I have not met Matt, his brother or his dad, I asked John and Ray, who helped on the team this weekend, when they arrived home this morning about Matt's brother's duties with the team. They both said that they have not met Matt's brother, that he does not have any involvement with the team, and is not into drag racing at any level that they are aware of.

Put yourself into Forrest's position and tell me you would not be disappointed and a little upset. Two out of three of the cars he is heavily involved with did not qualify and the third loses first round. If you are a competitive person, which Forrest is, you would show some negative emotion also.

Since I have not met Matt, his brother or his dad, I asked John and Ray, who helped on the team this weekend, when they arrived home this morning about Matt's brother's duties with the team. They both said that they have not met Matt's brother, that he does not have any involvement with the team, and is not into drag racing at any level that they are aware of.

Thanks for just conforming that V. I don't think Jones will be back in this thread anytime soon... Less he's got some more BS to spill and likes having egg on his face.

He asked a reasonable question and you got your knickers in a knot because you have a personal interest in the team. You and that other female from Texas who threatens people that she'll have her brothers beat them up if they don't like their posts. There's a pompous ass here, but it's not Mark Watkins.

EXCUUUUUSE ME!!!! WTF Willie? Hmmmm...........You and that other female from Texas who threatens people that she'll have her brothers beat them up if they don't like their posts." You must be talking about me.

Read carefully.........I HAVE NEVER THREATENED ANYONE SAYING I WILL HAVE MY BROTHERS BEAT THEM UP!

I am quite capable of handling myself! Give me a break! That is the stupidest thing I have read in a loooong time.

You can beat me Suzie Q...

Gently, with a silk....

But you have said, "Go to the Team K pits and say that to anyone there"...
That's not a threat, that's just a fact of life...

Hope to meet your Bros @ Richmond, can I tell them Suzie Q sent me?

d'kid

You can beat me Suzie Q...

Gently, with a silk....

But you have said, "Go to the Team K pits and say that to anyone there"...
That's not a threat, that's just a fact of life...

Hope to meet your Bros @ Richmond, can I tell them Suzie Q sent me?

d'kid

There is a big difference there Karl! They don't beat people up! Only me when we were kids!:D Some people will spout off "supposed facts" but when they are called on the carpet about it, they would never have the nerve to go up to the pit and tell people how to do their job or dispell the rumors to any of their faces. Simply because that person is either creating the gossip or rumor or they know they are wrong.

It is ok, sometimes people don't agree with other people's posts, especially when they are constructed of Rumors and Gossip. (As you have seen in this post already.)

I was just curious.........Does that Virgil really know that John & Paul Smith? Haaaahahahahahhaa! Thanks for clearing that up Virgil.

How is Rhonda doing?

If it wasn't for Force and Lucas family, Densham/Hagen probably wouldn't even have a chance to qualify. At first i thought you had a little sense and respect for people, it's sure apparent now that you don't!!!

Yea..you can read through this Thread (very first one) and see who the pimples on Nitromaters butt are.

Amazing actually.

David, I hear ya! The guy who we are all talking about (who suddenly vanished from this thread) is a trash talking troll. My Momma always said...
"It is better to be silent and thought an idiot, than to speak up and remove all doubts". Take that Mr. Know It All! :D bOb

Maybe Ma's son is doing what he enjoys, and doesn't need anything else to bolster his ego.

And what 18 year old is supposedly tuning Hagan's car? Last I heard it was forty something John Smith doing the tuning/crewchiefing chores for Hagen the last 4 races, with his dad Paul as a consultant. And John helps his dad out with Mitch's car, whomever may be driving it.

And as far as teams not qualifying, it happens to everyone at one time or another. It could be the fault of the driver, yea, even great drivers have off days that keep the car from performing right, it could be the crew chief/tuner, or a single crew member, or it could be parts related, or any combination of the above. And sometimes the situation is created by the owner for various reasons that he/she really isn't aware of at the time.

If any of you feel you can do better than the people out there trying, instead of talking about it, get off your rumps and show the world what a real champion you are by making a car perform on the track. And don't give any of those lame excuses that you haven't been given the opportunity or you don't have the funds. Every one out there started somewhere at the bottom and proved themselves worthy of the positions they now hold through hard work and dedication. And they each deserve to be given credit for their accomplishments and understanding for their failures.
THANK YOU, Virgil, you saved me some typing.

yeah i read these type of threads for the enjoyment of people making azz's out of them selves i know mitch /spencer etc etc i personally have mentioned one guys name from this board to them that supposedly knows everybody and everything bout fuel cars etc etc , they didnt have a clue who he was . we just laughed and had another drink. i try not to fire back at them but its hard sometimes . ma we love yeah, virgil would love to see u back out there , but them dam fuel cars have 1 big problem , they run on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ . on a side note it was great seeing dakin make the show , theyre were busting spencers chops bout the old man teaching him how to cut a light ( thats supposed to be a joke ,funny haha type).

I was just curious.........Does that Virgil really know that John & Paul Smith? Haaaahahahahahhaa! Thanks for clearing that up Virgil.

How is Rhonda doing?

I have had a few conversations with the whole Smith family over the years.
In fact, John was serving us his homemade pizza at my grandson Dylan's 3rd birthday party last night.

Rhonda is doing fine. She enjoys being involved with her kid's activities as they are growing up. She thinks of driving again but knows what she has to give up to do it properly.

Steve - I had the same experience with the same person over a year ago. He posted several untruths about me and my team. At first I tried to defend myself here, but the untruths became bolder, so I just backed off and checked with the "sources" he was quoting. Of the five quoted by name, two denied ever knowing him, two had some very bad things to say about him, and the last one explained his personality changes when he was moved to Idaho by his ESQ significant other. Since then I have tried to ignore his posts until he comes up with stuff like he has in this thread.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back