Frank Manzo (1 Viewer)

The only time I ever spoke to FM was back in 2006 when Kenny Bernstein was driving the Monster FC. During testing that year Kenny could not make a full pull, plaqued by Tireshake! Come the Winternatl's that year, a lot of the Drag racing media had a joke going around about who would run quicker over the weekend, Kenny Bernstein or Frank Manzo! I saw Frank riding his bike in the pits, and I called him over and told him about that! He got a good laugh out of that one!

Agree with all you guys. Franks stats speak for themselves. Especially the 42 final wins in a row. That is probably the most untouchable record in all of sports!

I've talked to Frank a number of times at the races. He always amazed me at being the most humble, nice guy you could meet, especially considering his accomplishments. At Pomona I commented that he must be a pretty good guy to work for considering his crew (except for one young guy) has essentially been together for 17 years. He said, yeah I'm a pain in the a.. Right, that's why those guys hung around for 17 years!

Sorry to see him retire!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back