Frank Hawley (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Frank Hawley is going to drive for Mike Ashley. Frank has been one of my favorites for a long time. Sorry to see Mike getting out of the seat but at least he'll still run the Pro Mod. Frank Hawley back in a Funny Car, Too Cool!!!

Dave

Wow cool Frank Hawley,But why no Mike,he was ready to drive the Pro Mod and the funny car all year now he's sittin out? bummer:(

I just read the article on NHRA.com too, Dave. That was a great piece. I just am amazed every time I read something from Mike Ashley, either on here or wherever he is quoted. His attitude towards everything is something I dare to dream about having. His outlook is positive, 24/7.
The team they have assembled is going to be killer. I think we will see some big things from them this year.
Good luck to Mike, Melanie, and everyone one associated with the teams.
Thank you again, to Roger for getting more involved with Mike.

Yeah I had to do a double take when I read that. ...Must be a misprint.....Then I read the article and it appears that the second car will be run at select races, and why not Frank if he wants to do it! I think this give Mike the chance to still run his ProMod and then have more time at home for his family and business interests. I wonder if Frank's lic is still current?

Last edited:
Frank Hawley back in a Funny Car!! That is way cool!

Now how about a Chi Town Hustler retro themed car...... digital artists... start your mice and tablets.

Last year I saw Frank wandering the pits, and I asked him if he missed driving. He said "No, not really" , I then asked wasn't he the least bit curious what 4.60's@330 feels like? He then said "You learn to not miss it as you get older" So this announcement is kinda strange...:rolleyes:

All we need now is for Dale Pulde, Raymond Beadle, Craig Epperly, Gary Burgin, Tim Grose, and a few other 1980's funny car drivers to come back and we'll be SET!!! Heck, even Bill Sweeney might be reeled back to attending NHRA National Event!;)

All kidding aside, Great to see Frank get his groove on behind the wheel of a Nitro Funny car once again! Sucks to see Mike Ashley out of the seat, but i'm glad to see it's Frank getting some laps! Good Luck to him!

WOW! how cool is frank hawley driving 1 of mikes cars! select races for know? i sure hope 1 of the races frank drives is e-town! how will it effect his school i wonder? anyhow, mike ashley is 1 class act for sure, he has assembled an all-star team for sure. good luck to the entire team in 08! esp my teacher- frank hawley!!

WOW! how cool is frank hawley driving 1 of mikes cars! select races for know? i sure hope 1 of the races frank drives is e-town! how will it effect his school i wonder? anyhow, mike ashley is 1 class act for sure, he has assembled an all-star team for sure. good luck to the entire team in 08! esp my teacher- frank hawley!!

I don't think it would affect his school at all. Frank is at a lot of the NHRA races anyway working with various drivers. I know when we attended his class he flew in late on Sunday(or early Monday) and he was there bright and early for class on Monday!

Like maybe Austin, Wayne, etc.... And I can't see Hawley doing 800 foot burnouts...

d'kid

Okay, I know that the owners of the Chi Town Hustler were Farkonas, Coil and Minnick. But Frank drove that thing to two titles and was the last person to drive the Hustler on the NHRA tour right?

I don't think anyone would be doing 800' burnouts these days.

Get Stange to step up for a couple of races and run a Team Strange redux!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back