Frank Hawley (1 Viewer)

As much as I dislike the fact that Ashley will be setting out, it would be worth it for Frank to make a return to the FC seat.

My first Drag race was in Columbus in 1982.
I remember the Classy Frank Hawley and the Chi-Town Hustler more than any other car..
Well, the Shirley Lucille Lee thing was kinda at the top too!

Frank is one of the great FC drivers, sitting right there with The Snake, The Mongoose, Raymond Beadle, Billy Meyer and Tim Grose.
What a great present to everybody to get to see this cat back behind the wheel!
Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawley racing Force again. Too bad KB didn't come back this year. That would be a old time classic matchup for sure.

This is too cool. Can't wait for Pomona.

Thanks indeed Mike!!!
icon14.gif

You sure about the spelling Mike?
Was John still involved with the car when Frank drove it? I thought your dad spent a little time behind the butterflies also... after Frank???

d'kid

i think i'm sure....i know a guy that knows another guy that is neighbors with someone who goes to the same dentist as somebody that knows the Minick(?) family :rolleyes:

John was kinda out of the picture when Hawley was driving it.....and yea my pops drove the car for the last 4 years

i think i'm sure....i know a guy that knows another guy that is neighbors with someone who goes to the same dentist as somebody that knows the Minick(?) family :rolleyes:

John was kinda out of the picture when Hawley was driving it.....and yea my pops drove the car for the last 4 years

Hey Mike, when was the last time the CTH ran on the NHRA tour?

Sorry about the spelling, I will try remember that it is Minnnick, not Minnick.. :)

Getting back on track of the post... glad Mr.Ashley picked Mr. Hawley to drive the second car... and that Mike is going to have fun in the Pro Mod...

Best Wishes for 2008 for Team G.C.R.

d'kid

The next thing that rolls through the water box with Chi Town Hustler on the side of it, better have a Minick behind the wheel.

Chi-town Hustler sponsored by Capt' Morgan?

Hey, we support our Sponsors....

Mike 'TaTToo' Minick driver...

d'kid

Sure pick the guy with 2 world titles on his resume over me, I see how it is:D

I am bummed to see Mike sitting out. He had quickly become one of my favs, with his ever positive attitude. In fact the saying in my sig line "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character" is there(and its on my comupter monitor at work) is there because of his influence.

Hawley is a cool deal.

I'd really like to see Mark Oswald, he is one of my favorites.
Same here, I'm surprised he didn't take that seat, being he's already a big part of the team. I do remember Mark always said he liked working on them even more than driving them, plus, I don't think you'll find a better driver than Hawley.

So Frank Hawley will be driving a funny car and Whit Bazemore won't be?
What freaking year is this.

So Frank Hawley will be driving a funny car and Whit Bazemore won't be?
What freaking year is this.

Huh.........yeah.

having someone articulate, honest, and responsable behind the butterfly (re: accountable for their own actions)

Or.........................:cool:

Yeah.......imagine that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back