Fox Cameras Grainy? (1 Viewer)

It is so bad here you can't watch it, like Brent says it is bad in fast action. Somebody needs to get their s**t together.

It is so bad here you can't watch it, like Brent says it is bad in fast action. Somebody needs to get their s**t together.
Since many people here have stated they did not have the same experience as you, did it ever occur this could be a "you" problem or isolated with assignable cause? Maybe a problem with the device being used to watch or possible a problem with local providers transmission?

Just sayin' ... Mater faithful are always looking to place blame.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the guys case, I can agree with him. As far as some stating they don't.. my buddy won't pay extra for an HD package vs an SD package because he says he "can't see any difference." There is a difference.

I've watched it streaming online with an 85mbps internet connection providing the best quality available, and on a 60 sharp aquos HD tv with Dish Network as my provider. I didn't initially notice, but after it being brought to light, yes there is a difference. You can see blurryness around the edges, you can see multiple colors in the white of the wall, it is certainly not as clear as the ESPN productions. I also noticed segments that have not been de-interlaced. Something you're supposed to do to digital footage to get the sound lines out of it. I'm no production expert, and the coverage is liveable with the way it is shown, but it is definitely of a lesser quality. It reminds me of when ESPN used to leave Paul Page and 2 cameras to cover very little remaining monday racing after a rain out. You can tell the quality isn't there, there isn't any graphics, and the sound is clearly mixed in and overdubbed.

Since many people here have stated they did not have the same experience as you, did it ever occur this could be a "you" problem or isolated with assignable cause? Maybe a problem with the device being used to watch or possible a problem with local providers transmission?

Just sayin' ... Mater faithful are always looking to place blame.
I do have HD and everychannel and show is fine, yesterday it was happening on Nascar and they fixed it.
I watch the show prior to this and had no issues at all, i don't know what others are seeing but I'm sure about whats happening here.
Jim you have complained about almost every post thats been on here. You need to lighten up a little.

Works fine to me eyes on DirecTV. If anyone complains has Comcast, I'm not surprised. A bit of research shows they heavily compress their HD signals resulting in graininess and artifacts. That's partially the reason why I refuse to switch my TV service to them.

Works fine to me eyes on DirecTV. If anyone complains has Comcast, I'm not surprised. A bit of research shows they heavily compress their HD signals resulting in graininess and artifacts. That's partially the reason why I refuse to switch my TV service to them.
I have Directv also and everthing works great except that feed from Pomona, its like there's bad weather, it really doesn't make much since especially when others aren't having issues. Maybe I'll watch bull riding it works. Lol

Today is a huge day for NHRA. Although FOX is just a portal and another company is producing its huge for them as well. I was let down so much to the point of being pissed off at Qualifying formatted show. Now it's time for someone to earn a paycheck.

Odd, both shows looked great with my Directv set up. I didn't notice any of these issues you guys are talking about. I will pay more attention this afternoon.

I have Direct TV and a Visio 4K TV, Both Friday and Saturday shows were fine to me. I find the format could use some help, way to fast, it seems like last nite they ran a couple of pair of Top fuel and said that's it now on to Funny Car. Tody will be interesting.

The broadcast was reasonable as far as clarity but the production and commentary seemed like something that was produced by the local high school audio visual department. I was and remain most discouraged by the presence of TP. Now in addition to that I feel I am watching something with the production characteristics, scripting and editing of a "Our Gang" movie. .20 min into the second qualifying show I simply pushed the delete button and looked on the web site to see the final qualifying order. I suspect that's how I will find out who won.

Tony Schumacher just lost to Terry Mcmillen in the first round....at least I think it was him.....very jagged and blurry again and I adjusted my TV every which way.....:(

I do have HD and everychannel and show is fine, yesterday it was happening on Nascar and they fixed it.
I watch the show prior to this and had no issues at all, i don't know what others are seeing but I'm sure about whats happening here.
Jim you have complained about almost every post thats been on here. You need to lighten up a little.
o_O Seriously ?? The last 2 days have been nothing but complaint threads by members here ...

• Ripping the FS1 broadcast after its FIRST EVER 1 hour NHRA show
  • Ripping NHRA for letting Dunn go
  • Ripping TPed after his first 1 hour show in the booth
But you're right, I am the one that needs to lighten up :rolleyes:

Couldn't tell you who was doing what.. who had what reaction time, or even margin of victory.. but we can sure get Goodyear, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson superimposed across the track.

They forgot the National Anthem and fire the first pair like they said would be a good intro too.

Oh my god ... do you guys get mad when your favorite team loses a pre season game to? First show of the new season with a new package and your all friggin' critics.

It's actually embarrassing how the expectation is instant perfection. STOP IT.

Now, in addition to keyboard crew chiefs we have keyboard TV executives. Wish I was the best :mad:

I just want to slap the sh*t out of you right now. You seem to always peek out enough to tell people they should be like you, then you try and make them feel bad for not being like you, then, you crawl away.

The only keyboard hero I see here is you Jim Bowen.

You are the quintessential wannabe leader of the board. You never like anything unless it's in cheerleading mode.

You don't "wish you were the best", you've already made your mind up, and everyone else is lesser than, their opinion, their experience, you actually think you are the best, and everyone should fall in line to your thinking.

You're as swishy as you imply everyone else is.

PS...My TV was fine, but then I think if someone didn't have top notch HD signal, they can and should discuss it.

Who the f*ck are you? You STOP it you sissy whiny princess.

Well i figured it out, like i said earlier somebody needs to their s**t together, i did lol. I disconnected everything and lost first round but it fixed it.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back