Fox Cameras Grainy? (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
anyone else not liking the quality of the picture from the qualifying show tonight?

I viewed it on both regular and LED TVs and the commercials are better quality picture than the racing.... :(

They keep saying how Tony Schumacher had the best ET during testing last week, but never actually say what the number was! I know it was a 3.68, but how about telling the rest of the world?

The picture went weird for a little bit but that was a transmission error of some sort. Other than that the picture looked great on my TV.

They were having feed issues with qualifying in Daytona and with NHRA on our Directv here in Kansas City.

Watching the coverage, the edges of the guard walls and the (empty) grandstand benches were all jagged, especially during high speed runs. Just like the lousy picture quality I got when I recorded NASCAR on 4 or 6 hour mode

Oh my god ... do you guys get mad when your favorite team loses a pre season game to? First show of the new season with a new package and your all friggin' critics.

It's actually embarrassing how the expectation is instant perfection. STOP IT.

Now, in addition to keyboard crew chiefs we have keyboard TV executives. Wish I was the best :mad:

Several times during the show the audio was not sync'd with the video (during interviews). Like watching a cheap Japanese kung fu movie. The E.T and speed displays immed after the run were too small and difficult to read. Never had a problem with ESPN. The entire show appeared "choppy" and not well put together. But I'll give them time to get their act together. I'm sure there's a learning curve with all new (for FS1) sports.

This criticism is to be expected and shouldn't be surprising to anyone. We are comparing this to ESPN and FS1 should know this. We are just not used to FS1's style yet.

Seemed ok here. Maybe it could tighten up a bit.

But the et and mph graphic info was way too small. I did not think it could get any smaller than the espn size. Can't hardly read it.

They also need to turn off mics when a car is warming up an engine. Couldn't hear Jamie over the pro stock engine warming up because Bruno's mic was on.

Other than that, an ok production.

Noticed it was broadcast in 720
Was espn in 1080??
Hope things are better tomorrow nite!!
Watching on Direct tv !!

Last edited:
There was also at least once when the ET/MPH read all 0's so they took if off very quickly.

The soubd synch issue and a few other things are all minor things that I expect they will be able to correct with ease

anyone else not liking the quality of the picture from the qualifying show tonight?

I viewed it on both regular and LED TVs and the commercials are better quality picture than the racing.... :(
I missed it last night, but I'm watching it tonight and I notice the grain too. What's up with that?

I dunno guys. I've watched both shows and things look ok to me. Glad to see John Kerman handling the top end interviews.

They'll get it figured out.

Glad to see Gary's OK.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back