Ford Pro Stock........ (1 Viewer)

It has been discussed a few times. Really it comes down to the fact that FORD does not want to. They have decided that money in pro stock is money lost. John Force is Fords deal in drag racing.
Ford would need to spend time and money to develop a better head combination and a better block. As the block and heads have to be a authorized Ford part number and casting to run in pro stock. And the heads they have right now takes way too much time to get them running well, and the blocks are not strong enough and designed well enough.
The independents that run the oval try to beat this scinario, and do so for a short while, and after Ford repeatedly ignores them and their success, they decide to quit it and spend their money elsewhere.
I remember a few years back. A big dood at Ford was out to see the race at pomona. He watched John Force run, then stood behind the starting line and spoke with some other big wigs for a few minutes. Robert Patrick was running very well, and was up in the burnout box. The guy literally turned his back and walked away while the lone Ford in the program did his burnout. And proceeded not to turn around to see the run. That told me everything I needed to know about Fords love for pro stock.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back