Force and Schumacher Not Seeing Eye to Eye (1 Viewer)

What's your problem with force I see you are a staff member shouldn't you stay out of these arguments your as bad as cnn and Hillary
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, just because I am a moderator doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. For your second part, we don't discuss politics on this part of the board.

While we on subject of fact look up round wins race wins and championships for john boy

Report your findings here and I'm certain your facts will reveal numbers that will "never" again be matched by anyone including but not limited to DSR and any of his FCs so go get the Facts and have miller post em up

Cheers!
Sorry, I don't like looking at ancient history, I tend to look at recent history as the sport is dramatically different today vs. the 90's when Force was basically the only quality car in FC. The last 10 years DSR has done a better job than the Force team and those are backed up by race wins and most importantly championships.

Sorry, I don't like looking at ancient history, I tend to look at recent history as the sport is dramatically different today vs. the 90's when Force was basically the only quality car in FC. The last 10 years DSR has done a better job than the Force team and those are backed up by race wins and most importantly championships.

Gotcha have a great day

Business is business, and JP should work for the highest bidder. That's life..

IMO, There is no one more phony than JF.
His shtick is so old, it boggles my mind that people can't see this latest whining for what it is, another troll attempt to portray himself as the victim again. Just be a man JF and don't whine to the cameras like Kim Kardashian.

JP must be holding his nose all day long working for that guy..
I'm no fan of big business racing, but at least DS is real.. He comes off as cheap and a hypocrite, and just like JF, making it totally unaffordable and impossible for the indy, but I applaud him for being real and not shaking that TV phony's hand.

Having said that, this is great for the sport. A little bad blood sells tickets, and the sport has been missing this for years.

Last edited:
I agree George, it is good for the sport, because it's a real rivalry. What's not good, lies deeper. And that is, the fact that both of these guys are ruining the sport. Not because they want to, or are doing anything bad. They're doing what you're supposed to do in business, GROW. The problem is, the pro drag racing business model is broken. Purses are ridiculously low, and sponsors are hard to come by. I heard some of these multi-car fuel teams have a $1Million crankshaft budget!! 15 TF cars at the season opener, in SoCal, should be a huge wake-up call to NHRA. 12 Comp cars BTW too. Very cool that they have added Fuel Harley, and gave them TV time. But the sport at this level really needs an overhaul.

I agree George, it is good for the sport, because it's a real rivalry. What's not good, lies deeper. And that is, the fact that both of these guys are ruining the sport. Not because they want to, or are doing anything bad. They're doing what you're supposed to do in business, GROW. The problem is, the pro drag racing business model is broken. Purses are ridiculously low, and sponsors are hard to come by. I heard some of these multi-car fuel teams have a $1Million crankshaft budget!! 15 TF cars at the season opener, in SoCal, should be a huge wake-up call to NHRA. 12 Comp cars BTW too. Very cool that they have added Fuel Harley, and gave them TV time. But the sport at this level really needs an overhaul.

Agree they both have responsibility in a lot of the circumstances goodness it would be nice to see them not just JF and DSR but all teams develop real nasty rivalries. Shure we all love the nitro cars performance but added personal drama makes it more interesting to watch

Watching equals $ and that is good for all

I'm no fan of big business racing, but at least DS is real.. He comes off as cheap and a hypocrite, and just like JF, making it totally unaffordable and impossible for the indy
The Don was upset the bidding war drove up the going rate of Crew Chiefs; he can afford the increased price, but also knows a bidding war drives out the indy team and having an 8-car field of only the big wigs doesn't do anybody any good. Also both Don and Force have contributed a lot to the small time squads behind the scenes, whether it be parts or whatever. Those teams will never be on a level playing field budget wise, but does that mean these guys should just shut it down and not push their teams and drivers to keep moving forward in the sport?

I understand, everyone has an opinion, but why must opinion be based on hype and speculation? How many of you have actually had a social conversation with either of these gentlemen outside of the emotionally charged circumstances one typically experiences during a racing event? Have you ever just sat and had a drink with them, or conversed with them on a Sunday evening after everything is packed up and they are able to wind down and change over to travel mode? They both deal with huge amounts of stress, both from external sources, and self inflicted. To try and compare them, their actions or their personalities is simply unfair. The only similarities between the two are love of family and racing.
Don has a primary responsibility to his businesses and share holders (if any), and a secondary responsibility to his racing operation. Yes, it is a business, but a business that is borne from simple practicality. True, if DSR folded tomorrow, it would have a huge impact on the racing scene and hundreds of people, but Don, as a man, simply goes on with daily life, his family structure intact.

Should the same happen to John Force, what would happen? The same effect would be felt in the racing world, but what of the Force family? What do they do the next day? Imagine, close the doors at JFR, Again, employees are left to fend for themselves, the same as if it were to happen at DSR, but the effect on family, HUGE. Put yourself in those shoes, it's one thing to let employees down, have to tell them they no longer have a job there, but now, imagine having to tell your entire family, literally every one of them, that they no longer have a job. You failed them and now they are left to fend for themselves. Tell your children, whom you have molded and trained to carry on your legacy, that you failed. There's nothing left............

Remember, these really are humans we are complaining about, comparing to, scrutinizing and outright judging. Imagine for one minute, that you had to tell your family that you failed at the one and only thing you've ever known. As a person, would you even be able to bring yourself to do that? Chances are, you would do just about anything, say just about anything to avoid EVER having to have that conversation. Is John loud, boisterous, a bit over the top sometimes? You bet, but look at what he has to lose. It's not just a hobby, it's not even a job. It is literally his life, his whole life. Family, truck driving and racing, it's all he knows. Think about it.

I really dont like either one but i do think its funny how they steal/lure employees from each other and then John tries to shake Dons hand in front of everyone knowing Don wont do it. And what about Prock? I know its a business but this guy has no loyalty what so ever. John must have offered him a ton of money because i thought he left Forces team on not very good terms.

Actually Jimmy left on Good terms. When Prock left at the end of 2014, that was when John's funding going forward was not firmed up at that time, and he let the people affected know this so that they could have a chance for employment elsewhere for the following season.

Here's something to consider: I think it's funny that either of these two are accusing anyone of "ruining the sport" They have BOTH driven the costs out of reach for other teams, just like Kenny Bernstein did previously. The days of a racer using his brains (i.e. Don Garlits) to win is over. Now you just find the man who has that brain, (Alan Johnson, Jimmy Prock, Zippy, John Medlin, etc.) and pay him whatever it takes to get the use of his brain to achieve your goals. Winning doesn't come cheap, never has. Pay the man and don't be pissy when someone pays him more.

Last edited:
john started the multi-car era, don has perfected it. these two egos put themselves on this collision course a long time ago.
accusing each other of spending habits.....this is down rite hilarious......they, and a few others, have done more to escalate the cost of racing than many other factors......i am not looking forward to listening to this diatribe all year long

Last edited:
Lastly, these 2 men drive up the price of poker on each other (and every one else) every year, so for either of them to complain about it is patently ridiculous to me.
I read all 55 posts (to this point) and I think this may be the most accurate opinion thus far.

To me the whole thing feels too contrived to be really intriguing. Arguably the two richest dudes on the property (Connie notwithstanding, of course) and they're arguing about the annual crew chief carousel & escalating costs? Really? Where's Bazemore when you need him, because this is... booooooring.

Last edited:
I didn't find it contrived, I like both guys and I like the rivalry. However, if the TV shows keep playing and replaying this, that will just have an opposite effect.

As much as I hate to admit, I must concede that in the stands at Pomona today, there were many more people cheering for JFR than anyone else. Still, there were quite a few folks cheering when the JFR teams lost.
What a soap opera the pits are.

I noticed that too Paul, but I attribute it to a couple of factors. One being that the Force name is the most recognized name in the sport, and for casual fans may be the only name they recognize. Another being that three of the four team cars are driven by someone named Force, which marketing types would say is a great job of branding :)
I also noticed many of those voices were females in support of the Force female racers, although Leah and Erica did seem to get a fair amount of cheering too.

Last edited:
Before anyone reads too much into my last post, here's something else I'd like to add, BOTH of these men also have jumped at the chance to help fellow racers who may not be as fortunate as they. They have BOTH helped replace cars, parts and anything needed to help underfunded teams stay out there so that we can have a sport to watch. Enjoy the rivalry while it lasts, but don't be too harsh on either of them. Think how YOU would act if you had their money...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back