For it being their 1st NHRA race, they made a helluva video! Great job! (1 Viewer)

Robin, these were cool videos. Wow, what an experience to see all those things. Thought the footage from the tower with the jets shaking things was great. :)

Just finished watching this video. like others have said, great work. Loved the cackle fest footage.
It sure would be great if NHRA could use them for a special feature now and then.
They could bring a whole new flavor to the NHRA broadcast!
Speaking of adding flavor to the NHRA broadcast, have you seen the few times Larry Chen shows up? A completely different take on a day at the races - while he's a Photographer, his videography and storytelling would make anybody want to visit a race at least once. As I said previously, if NHRA welcomes YouTubers etc to keep coming through, the audience will keep growing.

Robin, these were cool videos. Wow, what an experience to see all those things. Thought the footage from the tower with the jets shaking things was great. :)
Thank you, Cliff. It's an interesting experience being up there when jets run -- as announcer Darrell says at one point, even more so when there's a pair of them.

The tower interior has been smartened up since Kyle shot the video, and a girder was installed behind it last year to prop it up and prevent it all blowing down.

As we speak, jet car owner/driver Martin Hill is away displaying his Fireforce3 FC at a big new motorsport show in Saudi Arabia, fer goodness' sake.

Roibin, the interior of the tower reminded me of Lions. Their tower was a bridge. I was in it a few times. They had shutters that covered the windows for when the jets ran,

Robin, the interior of the tower reminded me of Lions. Their tower was a bridge. I was in it a few times. They had shutters that covered the windows for when the jets ran,
When Slam'n Sammy Miller was running his Vanishing Point rocket at Santa Pod in the 1980s, he blew out all the tower windows on one occasion. I'll bet Kyle would love to have video'd that if he'd been around then.

Robin, the interior of the tower reminded me of Lions. Their tower was a bridge. I was in it a few times. They had shutters that covered the windows for when the jets ran,

Apologies for diverting this thread, but Par Willen (PiPPi), late of this parish, shot this video in the Santa Pod tower eight (!) years ago during a Martin Hill launch.

Some overweight bloke looking calm and collected amid the mayhem.

That was a fun video. Probably more fun if you've been to a National Event. I've been to multiple races at St. Louis and Memphis.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back