Flash Gordon Mineo (1 Viewer)

he was definatly an unsung hero of this sport. he was the one that brought the fire proof paint into the fc classes. i also thought that he messed with direct drive years ago along with gene snow... way before its time. god speed flash gordon.:(

This is some horrible news! My thoughts are out to Gordon's family.

This has just been a horrible, horrible year for my heroes. We've lost way to many of the sports earlier stars to ill health and now by accident. The reading of the names at CHRR this year is going to take way to long and be a very solemn affair. God speed to Gordon and his entire family.

Yup in a way this is a bummer weekend.. we lost Blaine Johnson, Elmer Trett, now Gordon, & I lost my 22 yr old son Sept 6th 1996 exactly 10 yr ago same week as Blane... God bless them all.. they're in a better place....

Flash's old shop was just up the road here in North Texas. What a loss. I heard of the crash yesterday, but had no idea who was involved.

A big loss.

Last edited:
This has just been a horrible, horrible year for my heroes. We've lost way to many of the sports earlier stars to ill health and now by accident. The reading of the names at CHRR this year is going to take way to long and be a very solemn affair.

You said it, Darryl....:(
Godspeed, "Flash" & Ann...

This is SAD,Mineo was a regular on Lake Texhoma. He organized the "Poker Run' that was taking place at the time of the accident.
His boat had twin 1,450 Horsepower Lycoming jet turbines said to be capable of 180 MPH.
RIP Gordon.......... :-:)o

RIP Flash. I remember your comeback in the early nineties, and thought it was great to see you back on the trail.

My condolences to all family and friends.

:( :(

We've been losing waaaay too many of the great ones lately.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back