First Look - New Dodge Avenger Testing (1 Viewer)

Sorry I missed you at PRI

I talked to Jim Cunningham at PRI. He said he was going to test there also.:D

Don't care how fast the Avenger turns out to be . . . it is just plain UGGGLLY !

The street version isn't any better looking. I can't see how it is slicker at speed than the Stratus R/T. The raked back windshield and grill of the Stratus look far superior to that of the Avenger. One thing is for sure, unless it is equal (or better) in aerodynamics than the Pontiacs, every dollar spent building and campaigning the new Dodge will be a waste of money.

The street version isn't any better looking. I can't see how it is slicker at speed than the Stratus R/T. The raked back windshield and grill of the Stratus look far superior to that of the Avenger. One thing is for sure, unless it is equal (or better) in aerodynamics than the Pontiacs, every dollar spent building and campaigning the new Dodge will be a waste of money.

Ye of little faith.....

I thought AJ said it was better in the tunnel???

Sean D

I thought AJ said it was better in the tunnel???

Sean D

He did say it was better. We'll know it's better when he runs the same MPH as Mike Edwards and Greg Anderson. AJ's HEMI has plenty of low end torque...his 60-foot times are usually as good as anyone. I hope it is as good.

So, are we going to get any further results from some of the testing? Maybe an update at least on Allen Johnson's new Avenger other than the first day's teaser report. Would be nice to know how all the new Mustangs are doing too. Pics are nice, but time slips would be even nicer. :D

i read they packed up due to rain and was supposed to go north....

So, are we going to get any further results from some of the testing? Maybe an update at least on Allen Johnson's new Avenger other than the first day's teaser report. Would be nice to know how all the new Mustangs are doing too. Pics are nice, but time slips would be even nicer. :D

I thought I read somewhere (hit too many sites to remember which one) that Richie went .61 in Jeggie's car and both AJ and Morgan went .67 before the rain hit.

Sean D

yup...it's really too bad Dodge doesn't have good looking, RWD, V-8 powered car they could use in Pro Stock...

:rolleyes:

I saw a Chevy Cobalt on the highway yesterday and had to laugh! Taking that dinky little 4-banger and making a 500" Pro Stocker out of it makes it one of the two craziest efforts at making a Pro Stocker ever. The car is small, ugly and has no factory horsepower available. The other....Gapp & Rousch's 4-door Maverick.

If the Mustang winds up competitive, which would be an enormous accomplishment, it would be the first factory rear wheel drive car in Pro Stock since the Camaro and Firebird which didn't sell at the dealerships and were cancelled.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back