First Look - New Dodge Avenger (1 Viewer)

why don't they just make a spec. mold body to hold costs, then
have different front clips for the 3 or 2 manufacturers.

why don't they just make a spec. mold body to hold costs, then
have different front clips for the 3 or 2 manufacturers.

Yeah, and they could add a bunch of safety features of dubious effectiveness, mandate a standard wing and add a device to the engine to limit the amount of power available to prevent accidents. Maybe they could call it the "Car of Tomorrow". Oh, wait...

that looks a lot better and more slippery than the stratus, especially in the frontal area, and thats where its most important. good luck to the mopar teams next year, good looking car!

Sweet baby Jesus, that thing's ugly!!!! If only Pro Stock was populated with Mustang's, Camaro's, & Challenger's............maybe Funny Car?????

I like it! Much better then the Stratus.

I think there are at least 4 Ford pro stock cars for next year.

Back to the day of the Gapp and Roush 4 door Maverick "Taxi Cab".

I'll use the great quote from the NASCAR garage when the Taurus was announced as Ford's 'Cup car:

"If that's a Taurus, my Uncle's my Aunt!"

Insert Avenger in the above. (And any other MFR'S Pro Stock for that matter).

Wouldn't it be great if Funny Cars were the NHRA approved shape of today's Pro Stocks? And Pro Stocks looked like our daily drivers!

Back to the day of the Gapp and Roush 4 door Maverick "Taxi Cab"...

GappnRoushNYNationalmid70s.jpg

National Speedway, L.I, N.Y. circa 1974 or thereabout

Not to derail, but WHY can't a privateer build said Challenger P/S car on his own dime? I mean, it IS drag racing still, isn't it? Or does all the engineering now have to be generated from one source? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great if Funny Cars were the NHRA approved shape of today's Pro Stocks? And Pro Stocks looked like our daily drivers!

ABSO-Freakin-LUTELY!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think there are at least 4 Ford pro stock cars for next year.

Larry Morgan is a definite, I'm guessing Erica Enders would be the second, who are the others???

Great move by Dodge/Fiat, kill off the Avenger which was in the middle of being made into a Pro Stock drag racing car. Do all 4 doors open??? That might make up for the fugliness factor:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back