First Look At The New NHRA Video Game (1 Viewer)

If it's executed well this could be bigger than a lot of people realize for the sport. Particularly in attracting new, young fans, most of them having no prior experience with drag racing or cars in general. So many kids have played the NASCAR and Formula 1 games, enjoyed them, and started following those sports in real life because of the game. Hopefully we can see something similar.

Look at all the videos there are on YouTube of people just playing racing games in front of a camera. And look how many thousands of views every one of them has. If those same creators get their hands on this game, and it's good, it's just free advertising for NHRA in front of that key 25 and under audience.

the top fuel car looks nice but it sure dont look like its 300" from that side veiw

Glad they are going through with this. I'd love to know if it's going to be more of a simulation or an arcade game.

I was afraid that this would happen. I'll hold off on complete judgement until I see a trailer but the lack of oem's is disappointing.

Also, the chutes on the funny cars just look out of place(which they're) and just slapped on.

If I'm being honest this looks awful. No OEMs, and looks like it's missing a lot of the tracks and drivers. It's not 2007 anymore, having all of that should be and is a given for any game based on a real-world league.

And then you have the gameplay itself. In what world do nitro cars have header flames when they're idling in broad daylight? Why do the cars have parachutes from the 1960s? Where's PSM? And what's Super Modified?

Like I said a few months ago in this thread, NHRA had a big opportunity to make a high-quality product that could do wonders in engaging existing fans further, introducing new people to the sport, and bringing drag racing closer to series' like NASCAR and F1 in terms of overall popularity. And they absolutely blew it.

If I'm being honest this looks awful. No OEMs, and looks like it's missing a lot of the tracks and drivers. It's not 2007 anymore, having all of that should be and is a given for any game based on a real-world league.

And then you have the gameplay itself. In what world do nitro cars have header flames when they're idling in broad daylight? Why do the cars have parachutes from the 1960s? Where's PSM? And what's Super Modified?

Like I said a few months ago in this thread, NHRA had a big opportunity to make a high-quality product that could do wonders in engaging existing fans further, introducing new people to the sport, and bringing drag racing closer to series' like NASCAR and F1 in terms of overall popularity. And they absolutely blew it.
Dude, calm down. Go take a valium...good lord.

No OEMs is disappointing and could be the reason why Leah isn't on the list of TF drivers on the games website which likely means no Hagan either as they are primarily backed by Dodge. But then again Tasca had his TascaParts.com scheme in the trailer. So makes you wonder why they couldn't go with a alt scheme. Also interesting to see no Mike Salinas as he has no direct ties to an OEM.

I also wonder if header flames while idling was a ploy to add to the presentation in the trailer. When they did the zMAX tease, the cars were idling with no header flames but visible fumes and mist. Perhaps the trailer was a older build. Game companies tend to do that

That lack of realism with the chutes and daytime header flames that we know aren't actually visible - they were obviously included to add a bit of excitement to the game - aren't going to take something that had the potential to "bring drag racing closer to NASCAR and F1 in overall popularity" and turn it all into a total bust. That's a bunch of nonsense.

I watched the trailer above; I thought it was just fine and I bet it's 1000X better than the NHRA Drag Racing games of old. If I want to see 100%-realism drag racing, I'll load up and go to a real national event. I'll be one of the first to try this out and I'm betting I'll play the crap out of it.

This is what I grew up on in the late 90s, and what I was hoping for here. Hot Rod magazine was involved with it. You could run anything from street cars up to Pro Stock or Alcohol Dragster/Funny Car. Everything was adjustable - bore/stroke, cylinder head flow, cam profiles, gear ratios, stall speed, weight distribution, suspension, tires, all of it. I used to go on the Comp Cams website and look up different camshaft profiles to try in the game. I was 12 years old and it's where I learned how things worked at a basic level.

Once you built your car, you could run brackets, index racing at any ET, or heads-up. Pro tree or full tree. Delay boxes. Throttle stops. Everything you could possibly want and it was 1998.

There are a zillion goofy NASCAR games nobody plays. The reason iRacing is so popular it because it's a simulator. Here's to hoping that this gets a little more detailed than "mash the button and steer".

Whoopee, NHRA has a video game. Now NHRA get to work on an app for mobile devices, check out F-1's app to see what you should strive for.

I think it looks promising. People should remember they probably didn’t have the budget compared to a series that has a million times the revenue. Games like this can get pretty pricey to develop.

No online head to head racing. This game will fail. 😪😪
  • Asynchronous online multiplayer leaderboards: Charge your competitive side by challenging others to beat your best times.
  • Battle your friends: Take on all challengers with intense local split-screen multiplayer action (available only on PlayStation and Xbox).
Not what were used to but its a start

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back