Favorite Christmas Carol/Song (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
Christmas (with a capital C) is coming and I was wondering what everybody's favorite tune was. There is a local station that's playing 24/7 Christmas carols and I've been listening to it alot!

Mine are:

Angels we have heard on high
Oh Holy Night
Little Drummer Boy

Oh, and that one song, I don't remember the name:

Do you see what I see, A star a star, dancing in the night...

Last edited:
Christmas (with a capital C) is coming and I was wondering what everybody's favorite tune was. There is a local station that's playing 24/7 Christmas carols and I've been listening to it alot!

Mine are:

Angels we have heard on high
Oh Holy Night
Little Drummer Boy

Better add "Silver Bells" to that list, Jenn.......Sure gets me in the spirit of Christmas!!

Late..............Mitch

I have so many I like. I was in radio 15 years and programmed for the last 5...with the last 6 of those years my station was Christmas 24/7. (MixMas) Plus about 4-5 of the stations I voice tracked for would also go wall-to-wall Christmas. So I got to know songs pretty good.....

I love all the classics/traditional ones. So some of them...and some of the "fun" ones I like are:

The 12 Pains of Chirstmas - Bob Rivers
Blue Chirstmas - Elvis version
Little Saint Nick - Sugar Ray version
White Chirstmas - The Drifters (Used in Home Alone)
Rudolph - Jewel (and her mom)
The Gift - Aselin Debison (The most request....every year!)
Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis version
Christmas...(baby please come home) - U2
All I want for Christmas is You - Mariah or Vince Vance and the Vailants
Merry CHristmas/Happy Holidays - N'Sync
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies w/McLachlan
Jingle Bells - Barry Manlow and Expose
This Chirstmas - Christina Aguilera
Step into Christmas - Elton John
Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow - Ricochet (best version ever!!)

You just wouldn't beleive how many versions there are of some songs. When I was programming the music....I really had to pay attention to a thing called "title separation". It was tough sometimes to keep different versions apart.

This is my first year not doing it....and it really seems strange! This is also the first "season" that it doesn't feel as "Christmas-y" to me. Hmmmm...guess I better get to blastin' some of my cd's and mp3's, huh?

dont you mean the "holiday season" Jenn :rolleyes: :eek: :p

mine would have to be:

Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer by ANYONE!!
Fruitcake Makes Me Puke by Bill Engvall
Here's Your Sign (Christmas Version) by Bill Engvall
Redneck 12 Days of Christmas by Jeff Foxworthy
That Spirit of Christmas by Ray Charles
Here Comes Santa Clausby Elvis
White Chirstmas by The Drifters
and Larry the Cable Guy's Chirstmas Carols are hysterical

Yeah Mike......I forgot about a couple of those on your list and a few I haven't heard....but they sound like they would be right up my alley!!

Seeing as how it is also deer season around here....does anyone remember the song "Da Turdy Point Buck" - by Bananas At Large?

Oh if I had a dollar for everytime I had a request for that one back in my days on a country station.....I could build us all fuel cars!

Greensleeves. ya'll might know it as "What Child is This?"

And Yeah The TSO...

Silent Night

Away, In A Manger

and like all good carols, you have to go beyond the first verse

d'kid

Crap! I have 2.

"All I Want For Christmas Is You!" Vince Vance & The Valiants

"What Are You Doing New Years Eve?" Harry Connick Jr.

been tho long thince I could Thay... thister Thusey thisin on a thistle...

Goth oh gee, how happy I would be, if I could only whithile....:eek:

All I want for Chrithmath is my two front theeth....

d'kid

I agree with all of the above plus-Melikalikimaka and the Heat Miser Snow Miser song-
127972-snowmiserHeatmiser.jpg

'Jingle Bell Rock' by Brian Setzer Orchestra....just downloaded it as my ringback tone for the holidays.

Dean Martins 'Baby its Cold Outside'

'Winter Wonderland' by Tanya Tucker

Oh Holy Night

anything by the Trans Siberian Orchestra

I saw them in concert about four years ago. I didn't want the show to end. They were AWESOME baby! Love their version of Oh Holy Night. The lead guitarist looked just like Joe Perry of Aerosmith and that guy wailed on the Fender.

Here in the Twin Cities, we have two stations playing Xmas music 24/7. I like the song "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" (Brenda Lee?) and The Ronettes version of "Sleigh Ride". Gene Autry's "Here comes Santa Claus" is good too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back