'Fast Jack'... that name sure fits!!! (1 Viewer)

This "Fast Jack" section has me puzzled. All of a sudden Beckman is a hero for the national e.t./speed record? ...

Whit is a fun guy to hang out w/ and is not has wound tight as the current driver.
Nobody is saying Jack Beckman is some kind of "hero"! Jack himself admits that his driving probably cost the run a couple of hundreths and the race. That sounds like a pretty humble response from someone that just drove a Funny Car faster and quicker than anyone in history!

As for Jack being wound tighter than Whit... do you even know Jack Beckman? It's obvious you don't!

Jack is an intense competitor but I've never heard anyone describe him as being wound to tight! Plus he's on a steep learning curve having been thrust into the seat occupied by someone that had been driving funny cars for more than 10 years.

Greg, Having known Jack when he ran in CIFCA for the last 4-5 years I do know his personality and he has alot to prove to himself. He puts alot of pressure on himself and does not like to be made fun of.
Not everyone here on the mater jumps on a successful car and looks up to whoever steers it and high praises the pilot.
There is a reason J.R. Todd took over the wheel of Dexters car.
Trust me...the candle is burning w/ that Matco F/C deal and Don S does not care who is in that car as long as they can speak english, due public appearances and bring money.
Losing Whit was a big lose for that team. Whit has been a flopper pilot since
1988 and will always be a driver.
Almost evry car owner on the NHRA tour will admit that Whit is a top 3 pilot, simple as that.

... There is a reason J.R. Todd took over the wheel of Dexters car. ...
Terry,

I've responded to your post privately, so check you PMs.

Jack did not wish to drive Dexter's car any longer at the end of last year. And besides, comparing the car that Jack drove to the one J.R. drove and the crew on the car when Jack was driving compared to the crew for J.R. is apples to oranges.

Terry,

I've responded to your post privately, so check you PMs.

Jack did not wish to drive Dexter's car any longer at the end of last year. And besides, comparing the car that Jack drove to the one J.R. drove and the crew on the car when Jack was driving compared to the crew for J.R. is apples to oranges.

Dollars to donuts??????????????????:D

Fast Jack is a great guy, a caring person, and a tough competitor. Lets just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back