Familiar Story (1 Viewer)

I dont really understand what you mean . good on the teams that one though they obvious had the best cars on the day better luck next time to the other teams

I was saying 7 times over the last 4 seasons they have shared the winners circle (countless times two of the three of them have done so).

They had the best combinations, they had the tricky track figured out, they earned their Wallys. I don't see the problem.:confused::p

I understand that part of it but was it good, bad or just saying????

Personally, I agree that they just fgured out the track and deserve to win.

jim

SORRY.. I myself was in a bad mood the first time I read the first post. I was expecting yet another complainer about how some teams win all the time.

It also reminded me of the old days when Glidden shared the winners circle w/ Snake or Garlits (or both) in the mid-late 70s.

I think the point is that championship teams seem to be able to figure out things like a tricky race track when others are struggling and champions have a way of going to the front when the going gets tough, like at the end of a six-race swing. The cut to eight might be okay, but, like Force, I think the final cut to four with two races left is a bad idea. Two races is way too short a period to determine the real champion, one bad race will take a team out of contention and if three of the four finalists go out in the first round at Vegas, they can kiss the championship goodbye.

Cut it down to eight teams, make it a six or seven race "swing," back-to-back events, and then the best team would have a chance to show their stuff.

Of course, I didn't think the old system was broken, so I didn't see the need for such a drastic change anyway. Now the next two races are test sessions for the teams that have a position locked in the final eight - except for Pro Stock, it's pretty obvious who the top eight will be going into Indy, and in Pro Stock it's only the last two positions that are still in play.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back