Factory Stock Showdown US Nats (1 Viewer)

Interesting. I think Ford or GM or both got hit with a blower drive adjustment after the last Indy race. The big Mopars were just falling a bit too far behind. Rule tweaks are quite common in FSS trying to keep the playing field level. Also wondering why they would boycott.

I called that play!

Looking at the Factory Stock Facebook page. It is pretty obvious it was a ford boycott. Due to rule changes. But also looks like the Mopars took a hair cut. And only two Mopars in the field and both DSR entries. Looks and sounds like the NHRA has jacked this class up as much as they have with PS.

Pro Stock>>>>Pro Camaro
Pro Mod>>>>>Pro Mod Camaro
Factory Stock>>>>Factory Camaro
Top Alcohol Funny Car>>>Top Alcohol Camaro
Curious lack of diversity.
Remember them good ole days when JFR stickered up a kinda Mustang into a kinda Camaro?

I'm really disappointed to see how this is turning out already.

I totally get both sides of the argument. Whoever is fast at any given time, which happens to be Ford right now, gets pissed at any changes and just says, "Tell the other guys they need to work harder". But if you let it get sorted out on it's own, one brand will dominate and you end up running the others off.

Bottom line, I just don't see any other way to conduct a class like this without constantly factoring the cars, especially when none of the combinations are the same. From blower size, to cubic inches to general engine design, they're all different.

Sean D

You'd think the tires would be the equalizer. I'm amazed how quick they can run w/ those small tires. Well, maybe NHRA could make this class A/Gas Supercharged & go from there. :)

I think the Fords "pooched the screw" when they ran so much quicker than anyone else. The comp elim guys need to take these guys aside and explain a few harsh realities to them.

You'd think the tires would be the equalizer. I'm amazed how quick they can run w/ those small tires. Well, maybe NHRA could make this class A/Gas Supercharged & go from there. :)
I really thought this would keep the class close. Always thought that suspension setup would be the key the keeping them close.

Just curious; have the GM FSS cars ever been penalized? Or, as in what happened with the original pro stock, have only the Fords and Mopars been penalized, to the benefit of the GM cars?

I think it's a secret plot between GM and **** so they can make it an all Chebby class. Cannot reveal my sources but I may write a book about it to support myself in my old age.

Just curious; have the GM FSS cars ever been penalized? Or, as in what happened with the original pro stock, have only the Fords and Mopars been penalized, to the benefit of the GM cars?
I don’t understand why Ford or Dodge even develop their cars, If they get an advantage over the beloved Chevys they’ll be penalized, what’s the point? Meanwhile Chevy doesn’t need to develop their ride ether, NHRA will slow the competition down when they get outrun.

Last edited:
Th COPO Camaros took a hit after the last race, just as the Cobra Jets did after Indy 2. Sorry to ruin your conspiracy theory, but facts are facts......

Alan

Last edited:
With 3 different manufacturers and combos, to run heads-up you have no choice but to constantly monitor and occasionally adjust the rules. Just like in Pro Mod. Which IMO is fine, as long as you're careful not to penalize one standout racer who is outperforming even the other racers with the same combo.

I think having a brand or racer our there ahead of the field (i.e., Glidden, WJ, Yates) makes the competition work that much harder to beat them and it elevates the class as a whole.
I understand its a show, but why work so hard to develop that edge/advantage, if the sanctioning body is only going to strap you with weight to slow you down

I think having a brand or racer our there ahead of the field (i.e., Glidden, WJ, Yates) makes the competition work that much harder to beat them and it elevates the class as a whole.
I understand its a show, but why work so hard to develop that edge/advantage, if the sanctioning body is only going to strap you with weight to slow you down
If the potential is equal, then this is true (until the competition is run out due to elevating cost). However, when dealing with different combos in the same class, it gets dicier because it's very possible that one combo has a legitimate advantage over the others that becomes highlighted over time. If you're one of the people running a lesser combo, why work harder when your ceiling is lower? The next step would be to switch to the winning combo, and we all know how much people like it when every car is the same. If you want a variety of cars without spec engines, tweaks need to be made frequently. Yes, it can be punishing some for their hard work, but it's a necessary evil if the class is going to have any long-term viability.

If you're one of the people running a lesser combo, why work harder when your ceiling is lower? The next step would be to switch to the winning combo, and we all know how much people like it when every car is the same. If you want a variety of cars without spec engines, tweaks need to be made frequently. Yes, it can be punishing some for their hard work, but it's a necessary evil if the class is going to have any long-term viability.

How can FSS or any class have long-term viability when Ford and Mopar are the only ones being penalized? What happened to pro stock (now an entirely GM powered class) is going to happen to FSS. If it wasn't for DSR's two Mopars, and Kevin Skinner's lone Mustang, it would have been an all Camaro show. Keep penalizing those two makes, and FSS will become merely a slower version of pro stock. Why should Ford and Mopar even bother developing their combinations when they will be penalized?
Is that what NHRA wants? Just change the class name to FSC - Factory Stock Camaro.

How can FSS or any class have long-term viability when Ford and Mopar are the only ones being penalized? What happened to pro stock (now an entirely GM powered class) is going to happen to FSS. If it wasn't for DSR's two Mopars, and Kevin Skinner's lone Mustang, it would have been an all Camaro show. Keep penalizing those two makes, and FSS will become merely a slower version of pro stock. Why should Ford and Mopar even bother developing their combinations when they will be penalized?
Is that what NHRA wants? Just change the class name to FSC - Factory Stock Camaro.

Read post 15.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back