F1 Adios? (1 Viewer)

Its ok Ray- you were just off by four thousand nine hundred and ninty nine...

And those smokes WERE from the seventies....:D And you don't need a corkscrew to open Patron.....:p

Its ok Ray- you were just off by four thousand nine hundred and ninty nine...

And those smokes WERE from the seventies.... And you don't need a corkscrew to open Patron.....
Hey, can you change your avatar one more time today :rolleyes: and make sure it's a Mendy pic, just to make my day a complete wash... :D
It only took me all day to figure out what Ashley is sitting on... :eek: Less lacquer and more liquor may be the answer... :)

Wow, I just read a few of the threads from you guys and Ray, I think you were smoking something at 12? maybe something grown in Mexico. I am from Indiana, About 45 miles north of Indy and that is all I heard since the final F1 race, Is it coming back next year, or not. I am a drag racing fan through and through, Hell, I build the chassis for a living and I really could care less one way or another, I just wish that when the news was on in this area, that , they could start mentioning who won in the NHRA. I am sort of tired of who won the (expletive) golf tournament, Jeff Gordon won another NASCAR race, So and So got a $100,000,000,000,000 contract in baseball, basketball or football. MAN!!! I DON'T CARE! I don't disagree with any of you choosing to like a motorsport, but wouldn't it be nice to hear more sporting news coverage of an NHRA event over the weekend???

Last edited:
The fate was sealed in '05 when they ran a 6 car grand prix. Couple that with Bernie Ecclestone asking for more money for the rights to the race and neither IMS nor the fans want the race back. It's a shame and as an avid F1 follower, I will miss it.

Really? Then how come the crowds were so big this year? They dwarfed the Indy 500 which is now a farce. Tony George says he wants it back. Don't understand your post.

Really? Then how come the crowds were so big this year? They dwarfed the Indy 500 which is now a farce. Tony George says he wants it back. Don't understand your post.
I agree with you here, Tony George made a statement that he wanted to get this thing back, but I think Ecclestone is an arrogant retard that couldn't see a good thing if it reached up and bit him in the ass!!! My previous post says it best, I'll let you look it up...

Let's see . .The crowd at the US Grand Prix "dwarfed" the 500 - have I got that right? I was at the 500 - the crowd was huge and very enthusiastic.
Not sure where you are getting your statistics

According to this:

F1 won't return to Indianapolis in 2008 - Yahoo! News

"Attendance figures are not released at Indianapolis, but estimates have been around 125,000 each of the past six years. The inaugural race in 2000 drew more than 200,000." For F1.

And from what I've found..the 500 drew close to 400,000.

Wow, I just read a few of the threads from you guys and Ray, I think you were smoking something at 12? maybe something grown in Mexico.
Only Maui and Thailand I believe Tony... :D I stopped when I turned 18... Paint fumes are much better... :p
And I don't have worry about sharing a bunk, if you hear what I'm sayin... :eek:

Back in '04 when the U.S. Nationals was under water, we toured the IMS. They took us everywhere! In the Pressroom, the Tour, Winner's circle you name it. They also told everyone just how demanding the F1 crowd is, how Bernie Flintstone flew in from Chicago every day by Helicopter because none of the Hotels in Indy were up to his standards! How NONE of the Indy hospitality crew or caterers was hired during the F1 races. People like that need a Foot buried in their ASS as far as I'm concerned! The US doesn't need to be kissing F1's Ass or anybody elses! If F1 is too good for the U.S. Market they can stay in Europe.:confused:

Only Maui and Thailand I believe Tony... :D I stopped when I turned 18... Paint fumes are much better... :p
And I don't have worry about sharing a bunk, if you hear what I'm sayin... :eek:
Sorry Ray, I could only afford the mexican ditch weed when I was a wee tike...:rolleyes:Sharing a Bunk? NOOOO the Horror!!! I think this turned in to a weed discussion somehow, but you know what that's ok we're all adults here, I Hope...At least I try to act adult at the ripe ol' age of 40...

As has already been mentioned, you are WAY wrong on your attendance figures.

Tony George wants the race back because he is yet to recoup his 30+ million dollar investment to build the infield road course at IMS, hence MotoGP coming to IMS next year in an effort to get some more revenue out of the road course. There have also been rumors circulating of a 12 or 24 hours race sanctioned by the ALMS at IMS. That would be something to see ... the Audi R10's bringing diesels back to prominence at a place where diesels once dominated the 500.

Also, Tony George is starting to get desperate to make some money. Propping up the IRL and several of the teams has gotten too expensive for the board of directors at IMS, and they are getting a bit itchy watching their bank accounts dwindle .....

Personally, I do feel F1 will be back at Indy in '09. The manufacturers (particularly Ferrari and BMW) will either pony up the money on a rotating basis or they will roust up a title rights sponsor which will allow IMS to operate the race at a profit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back