F1 Adios? (1 Viewer)

The fate was sealed in '05 when they ran a 6 car grand prix. Couple that with Bernie Ecclestone asking for more money for the rights to the race and neither IMS nor the fans want the race back. It's a shame and as an avid F1 follower, I will miss it.

and just think of the pricetag for the spec. pit garages and i'm sure
countless other hospitality areas.
i'm also sad to see the race canceled - have been watching the FOX
broadcasts lately - good to see some coverage in the USA other
than SPEED channel.

I saw them race at Laguna Seca when I was about 12 on the original track layout... :cool:
Mario was still driving the black and gold players car, and I have been hooked until after Senna passed, and then I kinda stopped getting up at 4AM... :eek: I was a Nigel and the curly haired dude who's name is on the tip of my tounge but CRS right now fan back then, and never paid too much attention to Ayrton because he dominated like Schumacher... But his tragic end, made me see what a true talent he was...

I'd like to thank Winston for giving a 12 year old boy a styrofoam beer cup filled with goodies, including a pack of Winston's, and also my uncle who took me and gave me his cup-o-smokes as well... :mad: One of only two regrets in my life...

I know, I lit the freakin match... :eek:

Bring them back to Laguna and see what happens...
The old track was much more suited to me for watching any type of race there anyhow...

Any oldies remember the LONG straights with a left hander in the middle of it?? Very Cool Stuff
Singing Sewing Machines...........

77-79 Laguna Seca? I actually raced up there... Downhill skateboard competiton running in reverse of the normal track direction (down instead of up the big hill, straight into that 90 degree at 45-50 mph wearing a helmet and leathers), then we ran the corkscrew at one of the last races the promoter put on there before he went belly up...

Alain Prost was the curly haired dude I was thinking of... :eek:
Obviously you took quite a spill atleast once without the helmet... :D

Who in their right mind would take the corkscrew on a skateboard?? Nevermind... :rolleyes:

How cool or scary was that Mr.T?? :p

Alain Prost was the curly haired dude I was thinking of...
Obviously you took quite a spill at least once without the helmet...

Who in their right mind would take the corkscrew on a skateboard?? Nevermind... :rolleyes:

How cool or scary was that Mr.T?? :p

VERY :cool:, Mr. G... And the corkscrew was competed 4 racers at a time, BTW :eek:

Ah, to be young, dumb and _ _ _..... again!!

I pretty much quit paying attention after the Michael Andretti fiasco there and Ayrton Senna's death. Now, Marco Andretti says that F-1 is one of his goals. He may want to take a closer look at what happened to his dad while he was there.

Grandpa did pretty good though..............:)

Finally, seems he left a couple teams that won championships the year after he left before he finally won his. Then, he didn't really get to enjoy it with the death of his friend and teamate Ronnie Peterson. Used to be great to see the Monaco Grand Prix back in those days with people like George Harrison and Ringo Starr in attendance. George dedicated an album to Ronnie's passing. It had the song "Master of going faster" on it.

Besides Watkins Glen, all I saw was Long Beach. Find us a link for Laguna if you can.
SOB!! I have a pic of Mario and James Hunt sitting in their motorcoach... And all I can find is Watkins Glen also... But they are also saying Laguna was built in 83, so I got some checking to do................ Now I'm P'd :D

talked to my F1 guru friend this afternoon - he said the Indy deal doesn't
surprise him as the race has actually gone on a few more years than the
original contract. He also added that F1 is such a huge int'l. phenomenon,
they've been moving races around a lot in the last few years; in his opinion
'whoring' the races to venues coughing up the most $$.

I'd like to see Vegas land an F1 race. I know they ran the CART series
there on Easter weekend as kind of an attempt to boost revenues over
that particular weekend when there was nothing else happening in the
city; i heard the attendance was not that stellar. An F1 race would
certainly draw them in though.

talked to my F1 guru friend this afternoon - he said the Indy deal doesn't
surprise him as the race has actually gone on a few more years than the
original contract. He also added that F1 is such a huge int'l. phenomenon,
they've been moving races around a lot in the last few years; in his opinion
'whoring' the races to venues coughing up the most $$.

I'd like to see Vegas land an F1 race. I know they ran the CART series
there on Easter weekend as kind of an attempt to boost revenues over
that particular weekend when there was nothing else happening in the
city; i heard the attendance was not that stellar. An F1 race would
certainly draw them in though.
They actually did race in Vegas...
Las Vegas Grand Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if I can just find the F1 race I attended, I may be happy here... :mad: wikipedia is wrong on this and I will find it... Just got back from the food barn S-MART so give me until the weekend is over, unless sis wants to type her 200 WPM for me... :D

Mike, would your guru buddy know and supply proof that I never did acid in my life, and the free smokes a 12 year old got did not cloud my memory... ;) They ran at Laguna, dammit!! I was there!! I'm pissed at myself here... No one else...

They actually did race in Vegas...
Las Vegas Grand Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if I can just find the F1 race I attended, I may be happy here... :mad: wikipedia is wrong on this and I will find it... Just got back from the food barn S-MART so give me until the weekend is over, unless sis wants to type her 200 WPM for me... :D

Mike, would your guru buddy know and supply proof that I never did acid in my life, and the free smokes a 12 year old got did not cloud my memory... ;) They ran at Laguna, dammit!! I was there!! I'm pissed at myself here... No one else...

2007 formula 1 championship

Pick a year...any year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back