F/C at Dragfest 2009 at Famoso? (1 Viewer)

Later, they drew the winner of a raffle (two mini-bikes, won by the same guy)

dragfest064.jpg

dragfest065.jpg

So they showed the old movie "Two lane blacktop". It was cool, except, they placed the band, their lights, and their loud generator in front of the screen.
Couldn't really see it as they set up (their lights washed out the screen)
and the generator was loud too.
Then, they stopped the movie half-way thru so the 2nd band could play their set.

dragfest068.jpg

dragfest072.jpg

But it was still really fun. The weather was quite nice. At night it was warm. No jacket needed!
Good day for only $20 bux.

Last edited:
I saw Jegs hats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Darr must have been in the house(LOL):D

Wish I could have made it:):eek:

Here's a few seconds of the band... "The Dynotones"

here is a crazy jet truck

[vBTube]V4WXrH05EPc[/vBTube]

Last edited:
Cool pics!

the Dynotones feature Tim Fitzpatrick on drums. Tim is an original member of the Lively Ones from BITD. "Surf Rider" and a couple other tunes he played on are in "Pulp Fiction".

I know these guys through my other life as a surf drummer. a few years ago they were trollin' the pits at Bako and happened upon the Pisano pit. We exchanged greetings and they asked "so, you hangin' out with these guys?"
I'm like..."sort of, I drive the pile." If you have ever been in the music scene in L.A. you know how everyone bull****s each other on who they know and what they do away from music.

That moment was one of my crowning achievements in the music biz. Thanks to the Dynotones.

But it was still really fun. The weather was quite nice. At night it was warm. No jacket needed!
Good day for only $20 bux.

Hey Paul,

You seem to have missed some of the other back-up girls and the guy in drag... on Sunday they gave out trophies for the competitors.

But, I've got to ask you, will you go back to Dragfest next year? I will, way too much fun!

Will definitely be back to this event!
I hope the track fixes all the dead loudspeakers. :(

I missed some of the other girls? Story of my life, man, story of my life.

That guy in drag was funny. Wasn't about to take a pic of that tho. :p

Here is side-by-side wheelstanders....

[vBTube]tCwcjtd7pOw[/vBTube]

Guys,
I spoke to Rod this morning and Dragfest 2010 is already in the works. Overall, they were happy with the progress they made this year and will continue to try to get it perfect.
Most of the issues can be attributed to growning pains and the fact that this was "only" the 2nd annual.
This year they were blessed with racecars & vendors, but the weather forecasters sure didn't help the spectator count.
Paul get in touch with Darr or myself with any input for next years.

Paul,
Here ya go
IT was really "STORMY" when the backup girls came out
This is really from draaaaaaaaaaaaag fest 2009
20090502-drag.jpg

Here are a few snaps from the event:

dsc00709.jpg

#1 Qualifier Dennis Taylor in the Future Flash Dodge Charger

dsc00720.jpg

Shutter bug Marc Gewertz, Fuel Funny Car driver Mendy Fry and crewman Paolo Galli are all in their element.

dsc00713.jpg

And wardrobe malfunctions aren't just for pop singers at the Super Bowl....

I don't have the stats on all the cars. Most cars did not make three runs without problems. We were very happy with our car. We made three passes and didn't even scuff a bearing, very safe tune-up (92% pop) 6.63, 6.60, 6.42. We missed being in the final by .07.

pic by DRO.

Last edited:
Hello Mater's if you did not get up to Auto Club Famoso Raceway, you for sure missed one hell of a good time but all those who did make it. I had a blast it was a very laid back deal and I will be back next year and the year after that.

I am finishing posting most of the photographs I took during the event take a look and enjoy them.

Welcome To James Drew Photography

2nd Annual Dragfest Auto Club Famoso Raceway | James | Fotki.com

C Ya in Vegas this weekend at NHRA Heritage Series race at LVMS The Strip.

James

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back