Everything in Moderation (1 Viewer)

The Mighty

Nitro Member
Jerrod: while we're at this new board/fresh start stuff...

Here's something that always wound me up about the old Mater and something you might like to think about! You being the BOSS posted your Montoya/NASCAR thread which has nothing to do with the NHRA in the NHRA section of the board, mainly because you as much as anyone know that it well get read if you put it there.

Now what gets me is not that you would do that, but the fact that on many previous occasions threads more related to NHRA racing have been moved to the "general" section where nobody reads them. Obviously of concern to me would be threads about European racing which have been moved even though NHRA is sanctioned by and is affiliated to the FIA the world governing body that runs the European Championship. These threads often bear far more relation to the NHRA section of the board than anywhere else, and definitely more relation to the NHRA section than some of the off topic threads such as this one, which the moderators have left alone.

If the mods are going to move threads around, we should at least have some consistency (not just based upon what day it is and if they are friendly with the thread originator) and I would suggest adding a section that would lump together the sactioning bodies that are not already covered including the international ones (ie: FIA NDRS SHRA SPRC ANDRA etc etc), this may also help bridge the gap left by the defunct Dragster World board. Also by moving all threads to an appropriate section (or the threads being posted in the correct area in the first place) it is far more likely that all areas of the board will be well read.

Now posted somewhere more appropriate than the innapropriate NASCAR thread.

Thx for listening...Rant over

Mighty

I agree bro...with the forum being new i was just trying to get some posting going.

Think we should create an "other motorsports" section?

Thanks for the reply Jerrod, its really nice to know that someone is listening and I hope that we can all take the new 'Mater forward together and make it a place for racers/crew/and true fans of the sport all over the world to come and have enjoyable and well informed discussion.

Personally I think an "other motorsports" section would be good, but I would still like to see a section purely devoted to the "Other Drag Racing" sactioning bodies that are not currently covered as lumping questions about FIA Top Fuel with say threads on Outlaw Sprints wouldn't make too much sense, whereas having posts about ANDRA racing and UEM Top Fuel Bikes in the same section would make sense as would things like F1 and World Rally Championship in the same area.

The Mighty CP

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Jerrod, its really nice to know that someone is listening and I hope that we can all take the new 'Mater forward together and make it a place for racers/crew/and true fans of the sport all over the world to come and have enjoyable and well informed discussion.

Personally I think an "other motorsports" section would be good, but I would still like to see a section purely devoted to the "Other Drag Racing" sactioning bodies that are not currently covered as lumping questions about FIA Top Fuel with say threads on Outlaw Sprints wouldn't make too much sense, whereas having posts about ANDRA racing and UEM Top Fuel Bikes in the same section would make sense as would things like F1 and World Rally Championship in the same area.

The Mighty CP

Rabon???? Is that you????

If you add more sections, the "New Posts" key will be needed - in fact, I miss it with the current sections because I have to select each of the sections individually to see what's new in each one.

How about just a UK Drag racing section..no need to dissect everything. As long as you don't get nitromaniac on us..hehehe.

Well I didn't go as far as suggesting a UK Drag Racing section.... because lets face it, then someone would want a Swedish Drag Racing section and then a Finnish and then an Aussie and then a New Zealand and then Estonia and Russia and Malta and Cyprus and and and and.....

And yes if we mention UK we'll only end up with Mr Cut and Paste and his pepper spray back and we really don't need him back here (are you reading this Jerrod!!! That John Hutchinson to you!!!)

But a "Drag Racing - Other" section would be useful as would the "Other Motorsports". I was being universal as there is a whole world of drag racing out there although you wouldn't often think it around here.

But yeh we would need the "new posts" button back if there was anything else added

And who the hell is Rabon???????

Yeah, that one's still there. I was talking about the addition of the button that shows you ONLY the new posts since you last visited. I've become addicted to it. ;)

Well I didn't go as far as suggesting a UK Drag Racing section.... because lets face it, then someone would want a Swedish Drag Racing section and then a Finnish and then an Aussie and then a New Zealand and then Estonia and Russia and Malta and Cyprus and and and and.....

And yes if we mention UK we'll only end up with Mr Cut and Paste and his pepper spray back and we really don't need him back here (are you reading this Jerrod!!! That John Hutchinson to you!!!)

But a "Drag Racing - Other" section would be useful as would the "Other Motorsports". I was being universal as there is a whole world of drag racing out there although you wouldn't often think it around here.

But yeh we would need the "new posts" button back if there was anything else added

(coffee out the nose!)..Good stuff.

How about a Beyond the Shores Racing section..which would cover it all? Lots of great stuff comes from all over. I'm with ya Chris.

Last edited:
Yeah, that one's still there. I was talking about the addition of the button that shows you ONLY the new posts since you last visited. I've become addicted to it. ;)

Oh... I see it now. One of the "tabs" up top. I'll try that too. I guess then I won't have to go to each forum.:cool:

sorry, i have a buddy with the same name and i was just wondering if you were him lying about where he lives. no biggie. oh and rabon is his middle name.

Ooh there's another me is there Chris?

He's a lucky guy! Fancy being another one of me, we must be totally elated!

Needless to say... I have no middle name but am usually better known as "The Mighty".

CP

I have no middle name but am usually better known as "The Mighty".

CP

And from what I understand he got that nickname for being aloof, something along the lines of: "Who the bloody hell does he think he is? The Mighty Chris Parker?"

Sorry Chris, just couldn't let you get away with that posting of yours without an explanation!

I wasn't being aloof Jim,

I wasn't even there!!!

It was when I ran my band at university and after a car accident I couldn't get in to rehearse. I sent instructions on what needed doing at the rehearsal in my absence, to which one of the brass section took offence...

"So we have to rehearse this, just 'cos 'The Mighty' Chris Parker says so..."

And it stuck... ever since I have been "The Mighty". There are musicians all over the UK that don't even know my real name. I get calls asking for "The Mighty" all the time, and it does seem that its getting more common for people in the sport to call me "mighty" now too so maybe I should just change it by deed poll and have my credit card account changed too, then maybe Jerrod would let me drop "Chris Parker" lol

The Mighty

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back