Eventful week makes Dallas worthwhile for Zizzo (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]DALLAS (September 29, 2009) -- The 20th stop of the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series took Zizzo Racing's PEAK, HERCULINER / O'Reilly Top Fuel team to the Texas Motorplex where T.J. Zizzo, team driver made his first ever appearance.

"What a great place to race," Zizzo explained post race from his Chicago area race shop. "We met a lot of great fans and made some new friends along the way. There's nothing quite like NHRA Drag Racing and the loyalty and camaraderie those fans bring with them to a race."

For Zizzo, the racing proved to be just as fun. The team proved they were up for the task during their third appearance of the season. His qualifying effort of 3.992 seconds at 307 mph would be good enough to secure the 14 qualifying position. It also aligned him for another showdown with multi-time champion Tony Schumacher. Schumacher would prove to be Zizzo's nemesis again, but that would be true of the entire field as Schumacher would go on to win the event and take over the points lead with just four races remaining.

"We've just got to stay away from Schumacher first round," Zizzo said. "We want to win some rounds. To do that we need to do a little better job qualifying. Hopefully that means we wouldn't see Tony first thing Sunday morning."

"Overall it was a good weekend. We left Dallas and we didn't hurt any parts. That's a big plus," Zizzo said. "After the race I sent Tony a text message and congratulated him on the win. I'm trying to see if we can get together one weekend and take our kids to Chuck-E-Cheese's. Maybe I can take him in a game of skeet ball."

Memphis Tennessee is the next stop for Zizzo Racing. Qualifying for the 22nd annual O'Reilly NHRA Mid-South Nationals begins at the Memphis Motorsports Park this Friday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back