Evan Knoll Does It Again (1 Viewer)

Thanks to Evan for remembering those who've served our country, and especially for remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

For the record, this is a much better sponsorship effort than the shortlived 'Divorce Gear' themed Pro Stock ride he financed early last season.

Thanks for stepping up...

Thanks to Evan for remembering those who've served our country, and especially for remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

For the record, this is a much better sponsorship effort than the shortlived 'Divorce Gear' themed Pro Stock ride he financed early last season.

Thanks for stepping up...

Didn't the "Divorce Gear" thing get pulled before it ever hit the track?

At any rate... kudos to Evan for stepping up on this one, very appropriate!

Didn't the "Divorce Gear" thing get pulled before it ever hit the track?

It appeared on the car during pre-season testing, and the merchandise was advertised on Comp Plus. I felt sorry for Maskin and Rickey Smith having to unload their car with that sponsorship. That has to go down as one of the worst all-time sponsorships. And yes...due to overwhelming negative response, the merchandise was pulled and the car re-vinyled before Pomona. Thank goodness. What a horrible experience (Divorce) to promote and make light of....

Back to the original thread.

Evan as one who was in the Army during that time I just want to say thank you for all of those who can not. A lot of good people got seriously messed up in that war and when they returned home they got it all over again. Definately very hard to accept........

So for all the vets again Ii just wanted to say thanks for shedding a small light on the people who really deserve it.

jim

Evan,nice work.For those of us that served during that conflict we say THANK YOU !!!!!!

Though I am too young to remember, I think this is a great effort by Evan. He doesn't have to do this and the fact that the Torco sticker is only as big as my head and it could be as big as the whole car is a testiment that he does things because he wants to... What a great message. I also noticed that eventhough the car is a Vietnam based car, it says "War Veterans... Welcome Home", which all Vets should see as a tribute to their hard work and sacrafice. Hopefully our men and women will be coming home in masses this year from the middle east and get to see this!

Yup, it's a really classy-looking, classy gesture from a class act. I like that it's a tribute to ALL veterans - yes, obviously it seems to be targetted more towards Vietnam vets, but they're all worthy. For some reason I wasn't very crazy about his "Support Our Troops" of last year - I guess that struck me as being a bit too political (since I believe that you can support your troops while not supporting the mission).

Thanks Evan for this. Evan especially made note of the Vietnam Memorial, as well as the half-size version of the Wall that is taken around the country. If you've never been to the memorial, you are missing out on something. And if the half-sized version comes to your town, go and see it. It was when the half-sized version came to my town when I discovered that the name of one of my friends from grade school was on the wall. I was lucky-he was only the second one of my friends that was lost in that war. The Wall provided me with a way to say goodbye to both of them.

We did not treat the Vietnam Vets well when they came home. We forgot that in our democracy, civilians make policy and the military carries it out. By the way, if anyone doesn't not understand who served in Vietnam and who didn't, take a good listen to Credence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son." It'll explain why when compared to the number of politicians who were WWII Vets, relatively few boomer politicians are Vietnam Vets.

Thanks Evan for this. Evan especially made note of the Vietnam Memorial, as well as the half-size version of the Wall that is taken around the country. If you've never been to the memorial, you are missing out on something. And if the half-sized version comes to your town, go and see it. It was when the half-sized version came to my town when I discovered that the name of one of my friends from grade school was on the wall. I was lucky-he was only the second one of my friends that was lost in that war. The Wall provided me with a way to say goodbye to both of them.

We did not treat the Vietnam Vets well when they came home. We forgot that in our democracy, civilians make policy and the military carries it out. By the way, if anyone doesn't not understand who served in Vietnam and who didn't, take a good listen to Credence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son." It'll explain why when compared to the number of politicians who were WWII Vets, relatively few boomer politicians are Vietnam Vets.

I work at a Naval Museum and we hosted the traveling wall (a.k.a. The Wall that Heals) several times. Thanks Evan for putting some focus back on this.

I've 'kinda lost track......

.....does Mel still drive for Don Schumacher racing?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back