ESPN Qualifying coverage bumped again ..... (1 Viewer)

Great... I'm here, I have 1425 unopned personal emails, and my VCR is set for 6pm. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Geez, how many people do you pi$$ off a day Jackee?? :D 1425=delete all... :p

JEREMY and EVERYONE!! who comes in late here...

The 2am. est show, will be final round qualifying on tape... :cool: Unless the curfew lady passed... Then it may be live... :eek:

What's the difference between that and an hr and a 1/2 of smoke-em if ya got them:rolleyes:
Well both of those trump a one pass rodnocker at which time we get one hour of watching oil dry, only to have the next pair blow and spit stuff for another 20-30 minute delay... And on and on...
ie. LAST NIGHT!! while I froze waiting........:mad:

the nhra should be completely embarrassed by espn2's coverage. the other night i tried to dvr the sportsman show and i got baseball tonight and pan am boxing instead. now the fiasco this weekend. maybe they ought to go with the outdoor channel or speed which would actually want them....

BUNCH OF BULLSHIT:mad:

Is there a way to have updates like this sent to a cell phone or something? I don't check nhra.com on the weekends there's a race because I like to be surprised on TV. This totally sucks. The last race of a 6 week marathon and I miss most of the qualifying. I HATE NASCAR. What even would have nice is if the JAGOFFS who run ESPN2 would have changed their programming guide so my cable company would have updated theirs as well. Sorry for the rant everyone, but I damn near schedule my weekends around the TV schedule (for NHRA that is) and when it gets jacked up I get upset.

Last edited:
the other issue here is the seemingly constant shift going on this weekend with the coverage. if nhra needs to be nascar's little bastard, then why not just say so and give us 2 hours of consecutive coverage at 2 am and let it that way so we can dvr it. this crap where they're coming out every hour with a new tv schedule is for the birds and makes me want to tune out espn2 altogether....

Whilst sanding drywall :eek::eek::eek: this afternoon listening/watching to the ESPN2 Nascar marathon ,one of the ESPN2 commentators says"up next N......H.....R...A... qualifying?"
Didn't have a clue what NHRA qualifying was etc etc.

The way qualifying is going here in the summer, we wouldn't miss much by missing Saturday. I'd rather see Friday night's on TV. Anybody else catch the lack of movement during qualifying today? What's the point of televising it?

Last weekend, The first half of the IRL race was preempted by the hour plus sudden death golf coverage. They did recap of about 3-4 minutes of the first forth laps and that was it!

Today's mid-day coverage shows why live drag racing coverage will always be a big gamble, but 2:00 am EDT is just bull....!!!:mad:

I'll take a contrary position (as usual). I liked the mid-day qualifying show. I TIVO the Saturday night/Sunday morning stuff but seldom watch it 'cause it's usually Sunday evening by the time I'm able to see it, then, the actual SHOW is on. 2am qualifying show is probably only seen by the hardest of the hardcore at 2am.
Yesterday, of course, was a smoker's delight - I'd rather have seen Friday night stuff but, I guess, that was abbreviated.
Let's face it, ESPN has to make schedule choices - and live-NASCAR attracts more eyeballs.
PS: I'm not in favor of a live Sunday either. Too many delays will chase away casual fans.

Seeing how the NHRA bends over and takes it from ESPN every time this happens and just rolls over and lets ESPN bump their shows, I made a suggestion. Why not create an alert system where you can sign up to receive an email or a text message via your mobile phone as to when the shows will run? That way you don't record Nascar in the NHRA time slot or you can mow the lawn at a different time and still watch the show.

I published this Suggestion on my website and you can read it HERE.

I wonder if the NHRA folks will take the hint or just continue to take getting bumped in favor of Nascar and getting its fans more and more frustrated.

Last weekend, The first half of the IRL race was preempted by the hour plus sudden death golf coverage. They did recap of about 3-4 minutes of the first forth laps and that was it!

QUOTE]

Did you know that they moved the race to another channel for the start? When golf was over it was switched back to originally scheduled channel.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back