NHRA / ESPN2 time changes (1 Viewer)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ESPN2 ANNOUNCES PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE TIME CHANGE FOR FRAM-AUTOLITE NHRA NATIONALS TV SHOW

Two airtime adjustments have been made to this weekend's ESPN2 coverage of the FRAM-Autolite NHRA Nationals.

Saturday's coverage of qualifying will now air at 7 p.m. (ET) instead of the original scheduled time of 6:30 p.m. The show will air again from 11 p.m. to midnight.

Sunday's final eliminations show will now begin at 9:30 p.m. instead of the originally scheduled time of 9 p.m. The show will run its entirety (three hours).

Air times:
Qualifying: 7-8 p.m. ET (re-air 11 p.m.- midnight ET)
Final eliminations: 9:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. ET

-30-

Niiiiiiice. Thanks for the one hour notice NHRA/ESPN, nothing like waiting till the last moment. I love how this works, we lose a half hour of coverage, but ESPN will graciously pre-empt a time-filling hour of the world series of poker to replay the qualifying show, provided the MLS soccer game is over by then. WOW!!!! and the NHRA pays how many millions to ESPN to broadcast their product????

and the NHRA pays how many millions to ESPN to broadcast their product????

Apparently, not near as much as the Brickyard sponsors pay. It's probably proportional to how many people watch. For those trying to DVR it is definitely a problem. After watching the weather at the Brickyard I knew it was coming, I'm surprised they got in the 1 hour show.

ESPN sux period,its already on late enough and ill be very surprised if it starts on time at 930 now. Get your heads out of ur A** ESPN.

Apparently, not near as much as the Brickyard sponsors pay. It's probably proportional to how many people watch. For those trying to DVR it is definitely a problem. After watching the weather at the Brickyard I knew it was coming, I'm surprised they got in the 1 hour show.

Barry please don't get confused, Fox Sports, FX, NBC and TNT PAID $2.4 billion to NASCAR for a six-year contract for the rights to broadcast NASCAR, Cup and Truck events - conversely NHRA PAYS ESPN to cover Full Throttle and Lucas Oil Sportsman events.

Although down from 2008 ratings, Fox’s NASCAR coverage garnered an average rating of 5.4 with 8.9 million viewers. NHRA/ESPN2 averages significantly less than a million viewers.

Last edited:
Barry please don't get confused, Fox Sports, FX, NBC and TNT PAID $2.4 billion to NASCAR for a six-year contract for the rights to broadcast NASCAR, Cup and Truck events - conversely NHRA PAYS ESPN to cover Full Throttle and Lucas Oil Sportsman events.

Although down from 2008 ratings, Fox’s NASCAR coverage garnered an average rating of 5.4 with 8.9 million viewers. NHRA/ESPN2 averages significantly less than a million viewers.

Well with the late times of course its going to be lower. Put it on primetime or live and see what happens.

Well with the late times of course its going to be lower. Put it on primetime or live and see what happens.

It's not going to happen, even if the show did air LIVE on the ABC Network, drag racing does not have nearly the same interest or appeal as NASCAR. Both have their place, America prefers NASCAR - by far. Which doesn't mean drag racing is a lesser sport, there's a limited TV audience for tractor pulling, World Rally, Indy Car and monster trucks too.

I'm not confused, go back and read my first sentence. (Brickyard sponsors) Bottom line is we are no where near as important in the main stream media as the Brickyard, as hard as it is for some people to accept.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back