ESPN, NHRA and YouTube are really cracking down (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
In the past 2 days I don't think I've ever seen more videos removed from YouTube except for the nutty Tom Cruise Scientology vids a couple months ago. I've seen a couple dozen or more of Scott's crash disappear yesterday. I uploaded Robert's bye run tribute 2 days ago and it just got yanked a few minutes ago. They left my Jason Line blowing an engine video up though. :rolleyes:

yeah copyright infringement eh that's the reason? why are so many other espn videos on there then. .

I'm just curious why you guys would be uploading video with a Copyright owned by somebody else?

Was this video that you shot from the grandstands at Englishtown or a recording of the ESPN2 Broadcast?

Last edited:
yeah copyright infringement eh that's the reason? why are so many other espn videos on there then. .

Might have something to do with the fact that someone losing their life makes things more sensitive than usual? Copyright is like a patent. It's up to the owner to enforce it. If 100 copyrighted videos are on youtube and the owner decides to enforce one, who can complain?

Might have something to do with the fact that someone losing their life makes things more sensitive than usual? Copyright is like a patent. It's up to the owner to enforce it. If 100 copyrighted videos are on youtube and the owner decides to enforce one, who can complain?

legally no one can.

but I 'm not a lawyer. I'm just saying hmmmmmm.

Force's site probably got express permission to use it.

And seems like ESPN is only pulling selective videos off the youtube site, do a search for Ashley's first win and it'll still be up there.

BTW I would have to guesstimate that 85% of stuff people upload to Youtube is copyrighted by someone else, this is nothing new.

Theyeven pulled a couple of Amateur videos! That is illegal!
Really? They could get a serious fine for forcing a DMCA takedown on something they don't have a copyright on. Michelle Malkin (conservative blogger) slapped one company pretty good last year when it demanded YouTube yank a video that they didn't have a copyright for.

The day after the Led Zeppelin reunion concert at O2 Arena last Dec there were hundreds of bootlegged "privately shot" vids on YouTube. Starting that afternoon they were all removed due to copyright infringement.

Point is, whether it's your camera or not, the "performer" or sanctioning body in this case, owns the rights to all content. It even says in the rulebook that any photos or videos taken at an event are property of the sanctioning body.

Now do they enforce it? Only selectively.....

I'm glad youtube took them down just becase of the stupid. idiotic. irreverent comments some watchers left. I just couldn't believe what I was reading. So many morons in this world:mad:

I'm glad youtube took them down just becase of the stupid. idiotic. irreverent comments some watchers left. I just couldn't believe what I was reading. So many morons in this world:mad:

Jack, you are so right !!! I can't beleive the crap some of these a-holes will post.

Because none of them show a fatal crash.

As long as I've been involved, NHRA has a very hard line on allowing replays of fatal accidents. It's enforced very heavily, just as it should be.

Concoct whatever conspiracy theories you like, but believe it or not most people find it distasteful to watch someone die. For those who disagree, I suppose "Faces of Death" is still floating around somewhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back