Erica Enders (1 Viewer)

Johnny Mopar

Nitro Member
The rumors have Erica not competing at Indy. It's a shame to see them miss the Big Go.

Does anyone know anything about their decision? My guess is a lack of ponies in the barn...

I surprised they've been sitting out this long. I thought for sure they'd find something in the dyno room.

i dont think they will find much hp in the dyno room as long as nickens is chiefing that program. and with no major sponsor, the $$ is probably real tight. but i can see them skiping any race but indy. its great exposure. bummer for the EE team.

I never read her blogs until tonight. Maybe it's just the tone of his blog, but her dad comes off as a total ass. Don't know them personally, but it's just the impression I get. Is he really this arrogant? That might explain some of their troubles.

I catch a lot of flak from a small minority of highly vocal critics in the NHRA chat rooms for making business and EE career decisions they question. But since they don’t reveal their names, financial or business credentials, I can only assume they have experience, investment capital and personal commitment to our team that surpasses my almost 30 years experience as a the CEO and Chairman of seven publicly-owned technology and personal skills training companies.

Our current board includes guys and girls responsible for more than $1 billion of revenue from 10,000 clients around the world and my fellow development board members from the business school at Texas A&M University are pretty bright as well. But apparently my personal money and business experience along with our team of advisors need some additional help from these anonymous critics. My contact info is on our web site and my cell number is not hard to get if they would like to call and help us understand what this braintrust of highly successful business guys are doing wrong and why they care anyway.

The path we took to put Erica in her own car, driving for herself (on family money) was well thought out and exactly what we needed to do until we land a new primary sponsor. Staying with our good friend Victor Cagnazzi would have been great performance-wise but Slammers was already in financial trouble and slow in paying (if at all) when we left.

I don't see it that way at all, Greg.

Mr. Enders feels compelled to answer his critics..and he catches sh!t whatever he decides to do. The attitude you see is mostly sarcasm in response to every keyboard jockey that feels the need to criticize/bash.

I truly hope that Erica is in Pro Stock for a very long time. My daughter cherishes the handout that Erica autographed for her and my son still has a crush on her....
Say what you will about her father, but I am pretty sure that he is just tired of people second guessing their decisions, as any father would. He didn't strike me as being a "soccer-dad", but rather a father who is looking out for his daughter's best interest.
Hurry back Erica!

gregg enders might come off bad for some, but he is totally right on in his words. ive talked to him on the phone for a haf hour once, he is so pasonite about his race team, and a great and protective dad. it gets to him when people critisize as would get to ANYONE! especailly when it involves his family and his money. as for erica, not only is she a very good racer, but shes a sweetheart of a person! like ive posted on here before, just before i went to frank hawleys drag racing school i posted a thread for any tips or stories anyone had from franks school, erica pm'ed me with some great tips, and what and what not to do which helped very much! she didnt have to do it, but she did, its just what kind of people they are. i thanked her @ etown this year ,and her tips helped me get my licence @ franks. some people need to stop talking smack, and just let them race. they will do great thing in the futre im certain of it! and although id love to see erica in a shiny GTO ;(, i will root for her to do great every round! GO TEAM EE!!!

I never read her blogs until tonight. Maybe it's just the tone of his blog, but her dad comes off as a total ass. Don't know them personally, but it's just the impression I get. Is he really this arrogant? That might explain some of their troubles.

These guys have been busting their buns for several years trying to do it right. They have a LOT of their own skin (and blood and sweat and tears) in the game, and you can't blame them being a bit short with some of us expert "crickets" chirping from the comfort of our keyboards.
Can you imagine the reaction from Connie Kalitta if folks were jumping on him like this? I'd hide behind that 747.....<G>

I hope they find the funding they need... they took a huge step taking on their own team like that. Makes people like me who have had to bust butt and learn everything the hard way, have hope that its not an impossible dream to make something like that happen.

well people can have their own opinion, but i will say that, when they were racing div 4, they weren't known as the nicest people at the track.

From her blog, this makes all the sense in the world..........it would be nice to see her get a great, long lasting sponsor so that the team can just concentrate on winning.

".............just making sensible decisions in a business that makes very little sense financially. We love this sport and will do it as long as we can. The value is there for the sponsors and teams can make it work but it won’t be from their winnings or just “making laps."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back