Erica Enders Back in Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

Against better judgement...
I don't have a problem with EE's coverage per se. But, I do agree that they could have given a little coverage to the #1 qualifier from last year in the cool white car.

Obviously I agree with Eric and John for obvious reasons and I did mention that I am far from objective in this situation. And I have no problem with the Cunningham boys getting some airtime but I would have rather have it been because they have chosen an extremely tough road to follow with the Ford, and I respect them for that, rather than simply covering the car since EE was sitting in it. I think maybe there would have been room in the telecast for both coverage of the Cunninghams and their trials and tribulations, as well as a quick visit with last year's #1 qualifier about his struggles this year, simply by eliminating one of the seemingly hundreds of interviews with Tony about a) potential records to break and b) AJ leaving. Granted, both of those were huge stories, but with nothing new to add, I couldn't help thinking of all the cool pics here on the mater with equestrians being beaten! John is a mopar man, and Tom, I believe your allegiances lie with the blue oval, Eric is a huge Max fan, and me, well, I'm this Chevy guy cheering for a Mopar Pro Stocker....so it goes! And Tom, the Sooners looked AWESOME this past weekend--damn.

Geez John... that's a little harsh, don't ya think? It seems to me that the Enders / Cunningham situation got exactly the coverage it deserved; a brief explanation of Jim's family's unfortunate circumstances, a 20 second (or so) blurb from Erica, and best wishes for all involved. I'm having trouble seeing a problem with that.

Tom,

Sorry if I came across a little harsh. I've just grown so irritated with the needless attention to EE. It has no justification.

Now...to more important subjects, how 'bout your Sooners and my Tigers meeting up for the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead? If both our teams stay focused we'll meet as undefeated teams. What a heavyweight battle that should be! ;)

Terry, I met a Cornhusker fan yesterday at Rotary. We was talking of a national championship, going undefeated and such. When I told the old fellow that Osborne had retired he just about croaked. He didn't know...:D

Good point--and while they were panning the "Erica Enders" name on the window on her time trial, Max Naylor in the other lane got no tv time at all except for the long shot as he turned off the track...Granted I'm not too objective here, but I sure hated to see Max lose the air time to Erica...oh well, that's how it goes

I never understood the EE hype.....superstar status and too much air time taken away from all the other drivers.Maybe I'd feel a little better about Erica if she had a Wally to show for an event win in PS ! OK...you can all come kick my ass now!

I never understood the EE hype.....superstar status and too much air time taken away from all the other drivers.Maybe I'd feel a little better about Erica if she had a Wally to show for an event win in PS ! OK...you can all come kick my ass now!

Mike,

You've hit the nail on the head. All hype, no substance.

The substance is she is the only competing female in pro stock...Want the attention off of EE, get another female in a PS that CAN win a race...NHRA by far shouldnt be gender biased, however we seen it when Ashley Force started in a FC...

The substance is she is the only competing female in pro stock...Want the attention off of EE, get another female in a PS that CAN win a race...NHRA by far shouldnt be gender biased, however we seen it when Ashley Force started in a FC...

Leave all the PC crap out of the sport....when she can walk the walk then the extra attention will be deserved.Look at Hillary Will....she has proved to be a winner....one of my very favorite drivers now !

Tom,

Sorry if I came across a little harsh. I've just grown so irritated with the needless attention to EE. It has no justification.

Now...to more important subjects, how 'bout your Sooners and my Tigers meeting up for the Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead? If both our teams stay focused we'll meet as undefeated teams. What a heavyweight battle that should be! ;)

Terry, I met a Cornhusker fan yesterday at Rotary. We was talking of a national championship, going undefeated and such. When I told the old fellow that Osborne had retired he just about croaked. He didn't know...:D

I did get to watch Booger play a little bit the other night. I think Misery looks to be pretty strong, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Not sure about the D yet.

I did get to watch Booger play a little bit the other night. I think Misery looks to be pretty strong, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. Not sure about the D yet.

Our defense (backfield) wasn't there. We just watched them run by to get open. Illinois' receivers were so wide open I could have hit them! It's going to be a wild season...that's already obvious!

THERE....this thread is officially derailed! :D

Here's a couple of examples of the perceived EE bias. When she first started running P/S,our buddy Scoop Geiger brought out who was going to be the next Don Beverly in one of his articles.Well,it turned out to be Rickie Smith and @ the big end,some kind of words were exchanged,Scoop was quick to report said exchange.Afterwards at another race,ESPN caught her @ the big end with a long distance camera having an emotional moment. I can't remember for sure but somebody,may have been Scoop, said they had no business showing her having said emotional moment. A double standard non the less.Another instance came from one Bob Frey,she ran WJ,WJ beat her by about 1/2 car. Bob says over the PA,Erica almost pulls off the upset. I swear,the next pair of cars,same result,about a 1/2 car loss. Bob says over the PA,in P/S,that's a blowout. I think that's where some of the disdain for her comes from. I know Scoop and EE are friends,nothing wrong with that,but fair is fair.

I certainly can't speak with any applicable knowledge about any bias with EE one way or the other, but I'll tell you one thing, Mike, 1/2 car length in Pro Stock is a blow-out! LMAO!!!

All of my NASCAR buddies like to really whoop it up when they have a "close" race in Cup. I always tell them if you can visually see who got to the stripe first, then it wasn't even close. ;)

Sean D

It was a real treat to see Erica at Indy behind the wheel of a Pro Stock Car. just goes to show you--ALWAYS BE PREPARED!!!:D Great showing Erica!!!:;)

For EE it was as simple as a chance to get into a car and keep her license current. For ESPN it was the most successful female in the history of the class (which she is) getting into a car at Indy and they told the story. I don't believe that many people thought that she had a real shot at making the field, but she was offered a chance to let the clutch out and she took it. Would you have turned it down?

I wouldn't

Alan

For EE it was as simple as a chance to get into a car and keep her license current. For ESPN it was the most successful female in the history of the class (which she is) getting into a car at Indy and they told the story. I don't believe that many people thought that she had a real shot at making the field, but she was offered a chance to let the clutch out and she took it. Would you have turned it down?

I wouldn't

Alan

I don't blame her,anybody who turns down a ride is nuts.

Alan,who was the female racer that beat Don Beverly to prompt the Scoop article? I can't remember who it was.

I don't specifically remember. But about the only female I remember in recent history would've been Lucinda McFarland, or something like that. Could that be it, Mike?

Sean D

I don't specifically remember. But about the only female I remember in recent history would've been Lucinda McFarland, or something like that. Could that be it, Mike?

Sean D

That name sounds familiar but I can't be sure,let's see what Google comes up with.:eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back