Erica Enders Back in Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

I don't specifically remember. But about the only female I remember in recent history would've been Lucinda McFarland, or something like that. Could that be it, Mike?

Sean D

I believe it was McFarland. I found in some of EE's material that McFarland was the only female to win a round before EE started in P/S. She would have to be the one if that's the case.

You guys are correct. It was indeed Lucinda McFarland.

Great to see Erica get some air time for Cunningham's Ford...I doubt that the Mustang would have gotten any if not for the circumstances. It was kind of weird, though, seeing her Mopar "M" through the lexan.

For EE it was as simple as a chance to get into a car and keep her license current. For ESPN it was the most successful female in the history of the class (which she is) getting into a car at Indy and they told the story. I don't believe that many people thought that she had a real shot at making the field, but she was offered a chance to let the clutch out and she took it. Would you have turned it down?

I wouldn't

Alan
Nor would I have--I don't think anyone is questioning her being given the ride nor her taking it. And as I said before, I'm far from objective in my thoughts concerning a certain Pro Stock team;), but with all the stories from Indy, I felt maybe the EE in the car story maybe took precedence over some other items, (like maybe a little more info about the trials and tribulations the Cunninghams have been through this year attempting to work out the Ford combination in pro stock all by themselves for instance) but like I said, that's just my unobjective take as seen through a jaundiced eye...heck, maybe I'm just pi$$ed that the Cunninghams didn't call me!:(

Question because I do not have a rule book.

It seems that in years past, if a driver was to drive a car that they do not have previous experience driving (meaning a licensed P/S driver driving same class car but a completely different vehicle) they had to make one checkout pass. Is that still not the case?

I like Erica. I was glad to see her behind the wheel again. I'm glad ESPN covered it. That's all I got to say about that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back