Episode 5 Thread (8/7) - Ashley's Testing (1 Viewer)

Ditto here, Brent. At least you take the time to listen and respond. It sounds like everyone involved is listening to the "viewers" which I must say is extremely refreshing.

It's much appreciated.

I agree with those that have said last night's episode was the best. Those first two made John out to be such a raving, overbearing guy that it bugged me a bit. Now they have showed the other side. How amazing is it to see the life of luxery he can afford and lives and then see how humble he is? There he is with everyone in that HUGE luxury suite and he wants to make sure his daughters understand that he came from nothing and that drag racing has allowed them all to live this wonderful lifestyle. He just wants to know that they understand that.

Then to see how proud he was of Ashley and all of the guys and then to realize how scared he is for her.

Just a very touching episode in my book!!!

why was there only 1 show on monday night, and it seems the repeats are rare now. i like dog the bounty hunter , great show, but they show it 4 times a night latley. they could have eisily shown a repeat of force @ 9:30 monday but they went right back to the dog. maybe brent can tell us why and if there will be 2 shows again in the future. and thanks very much for your insight brent we all apreciate it very much. oh yeah- and john force racing rules! :)

why was there only 1 show on monday night, and it seems the repeats are rare now. i like dog the bounty hunter , great show, but they show it 4 times a night latley. they could have eisily shown a repeat of force @ 9:30 monday but they went right back to the dog. maybe brent can tell us why and if there will be 2 shows again in the future. and thanks very much for your insight brent we all apreciate it very much. oh yeah- and john force racing rules! :)
Jeff: as of right now there are no plans to show two new episodes on a monday because we don't want to burn em up but keep em going weekly. as for a repeat, that may be coming. the showing of Driving Force and Dog was to help in giving the strongest launch support possible to Family Jewels. Both are great shows that we are proud to be associated with on A&E.

EVERYONE:

Yes, we had a meeting to discuss technical errors in the depiction of the races from the tree with the red light to the sound of Ashley's funny car, this won't be happening again. PLease be patient, we are aware of it and are getting into it right away. Last night's episode was a gross error of sound, sorry but thanks for watching...

Regardless, still great stuff......y'all are doing a great job.....I watched the episodes the other day when A&E played them back to back....These kind of reruns are worth it....:)

Loved this show!

We've been watching the show from the beginning and this one won't get erased. It was truly touching to see racing from the perspective of John as a dad. I hope that this show remains on and it's great to see some of NHRA's other drivers on as 'guests.' Thanks, A & E! :D

Linda

Some were worried about continued content week to week.
Sounds like its getting even better!
Yep that's right I don't watch much TV and forgot it was even on.
Going right down to the hobby shop for some string.

One thing that bothers me about the show is that they show that same damn Tree for each run......the one showing a 'red light' on the right lane.

If the tree issue is what I'm thinking, it's because Ashley was making a single pass. During a single pass, when the tree is activated, the empty lane gets a red light. Since Ashley was in the left lane, the red bulb on the right lane would light up when she was fully staged and the tree activated.

If the tree issue is what I'm thinking, it's because Ashley was making a single pass. During a single pass, when the tree is activated, the empty lane gets a red light. Since Ashley was in the left lane, the red bulb on the right lane would light up when she was fully staged and the tree activated.
Thank you and I understand that. But, they show that same tree for every run.....not just Ashley's single. :)

Thank you and I understand that. But, they show that same tree for every run.....not just Ashley's single. :)

Oh - you're saying that they show the same canned video of the tree even when she's supposed to be racing somebody? That is pretty annoying then, now that you pointed it out I'm sure its going to bother me......

LMAO! They even show it when they show John racing.

Hey, don't sweat it....my Mom's still mad at me for pointing out that the middle of Tom Cruise's top two front teeth is not in the middle of his mouth. Now she can't watch him without trying to 'verify' it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey, don't sweat it....my Mom's still mad at me for pointing out that the middle of Tom Cruise's top two front teeth is not in the middle of his mouth. Now she can't watch him without trying to 'verify' it. :D

STOP IT KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to go see...:eek: :D

OK... I had to go look. I went to Google images and found one good shot of him smiling. His right front tooth is basically centered. That is just too funny. I also found a site with the photos of a bunch of famous people when they were kids. Pretty neat to scroll through. I'll start a thread in the lounge so as not to derail this one any further.

the showing of Driving Force and Dog was to help in giving the strongest launch support possible to Family Jewels. Both are great shows that we are proud to be associated with on A&E.

I liked Family Jewels, too. I love to see how "crazy" people act in their everyday lives. Gene Simmons is just a big ol' pushover. I like him for that. :D

Oh man, and that kid of his!! I can't believe he's 6'7"! He just towers over his father. Where did THAT come from? You can tell he's his father's son though.

Anywho, back to Driving Force. Sorry for the hijack. :)

OK... I had to go look. I went to Google images and found one good shot of him smiling. His right front tooth is basically centered. That is just too funny. I also found a site with the photos of a bunch of famous people when they were kids. Pretty neat to scroll through. I'll start a thread in the lounge so as not to derail this one any further.

Hurry up, Jay! I'm dying to see this pictures..LOL! :p

I completely agree but there's no reason why they can't use the real sound.

I guess I just don't understand the thought process and someone's decsion to say. "Hey let's use the sound of motors that in no way could possibly come from one of these."

I just see a bunch of ass kissers in a board room going..."Yes, that's a great idea, sir. We're not worthy of your brilliance."
mmmmkay,,,that'd be graaaaate......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back