Episode 5 Thread (8/7) - Ashley's Testing (1 Viewer)

the best show yet! great job by ashley. was kind of emotional to see john like that. i feel great for him as well as ashley. noticed also that they had on the 4 hole injector hat on that car. they dont normally run it on race day. cant wait for the 4th jfr nitro funny car to get out there! imagine the 1st daughter /father final round-wow!

I agree best episode yet but I still can't understand the sound effects used. It dumbs the show down.

Brent if you still read this board can you respond to that other than "it's a sound people are familiar with" or something to that effect?

Those over dubbed engine sounds really take away from the show and what you're trying to presesnt. These are 8000HP Nitro burning engines, not circle track engines. Show the sport for what it is.

Aside from that, I too was wondering about the 4 hole injector. They don't use it at all as far as I know so why make a licensing run with a part they don't use and have data for?

Have to agree with some of the other folks here: definitely the best episode yet.

Good footage,but the sounds kill it,It sounds like every class in drag racing except nitro cars.

Was that just one 30 minute show? I thought they put 2-30 minute episodes together???

Maybe they thought the first 1/2 hour was so emotion packed, we couldn't take another one. :confused:

As for the sounds, I have to keep reminding myself that this show is not about drag racing. It's about a drag racing family.

As for the sounds, I have to keep reminding myself that this show is not about drag racing. It's about a drag racing family.

I completely agree but there's no reason why they can't use the real sound.

I guess I just don't understand the thought process and someone's decsion to say. "Hey let's use the sound of motors that in no way could possibly come from one of these."

I just see a bunch of ass kissers in a board room going..."Yes, that's a great idea, sir. We're not worthy of your brilliance."

Great episode, I like the part where Ashley says something about John would never make it as a motivational speaker.LOL I could certainly relate to John's feelings about Ashley making that last pass. As a father who races with his sons(although of course on a much smaller and slower scale.....LOL), it is a very gratifing feeling when they accomplish goals they have set. And it does make you so proud of them when they do! I could only imagine, what John's feelings were!!!!!!..........

As for the sound issue, I think only Brent could answer why they use the sounds they do. There is probably a very good production reason why, we all know the volume level of sound these cars make. Maybe it doesn't lend itself well to being reproduced on film???? But I gotta admit you would think they could get it a little closer!!!!LOL All in all great show, I look forward to seeing each episode!

I haven't been able to watch last night's episode, but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to it.

One thing that bothers me about the show is that they show that same damn Tree for each run......the one showing a 'red light' on the right lane.

Great show ..I like all of them....

It gets better and better ...Hey Gary , nice shot of " THUNDER VALLEY USA ! " :D

The one thing about Drag Racing is the sounds and smells... Since I don't have smell-a-vision yet...(to expensive) GET THE FN SOUND FIXED!!! Last nights was episode was very good... I like Ashley though... So my opinion might be biased... Oh to be 23 again...:D

I haven't been able to watch last night's episode, but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to it.

One thing that bothers me about the show is that they show that same damn Tree for each run......the one showing a 'red light' on the right lane.

Yep, that bugs me too.

EVERYONE:

Yes, we had a meeting to discuss technical errors in the depiction of the races from the tree with the red light to the sound of Ashley's funny car, this won't be happening again. PLease be patient, we are aware of it and are getting into it right away. Last night's episode was a gross error of sound, sorry but thanks for watching...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back