ENOUGH "A to B" !!!! (1 Viewer)

All the way down the track like covered by a blanket.... or something like that. How far back ya wanna go? Woofed the blower......

just listen to alan's call of austin william's stock win @ indy. heads up. perfect call. perfect light. perfect final for an indy win......'threw a bag of doughnuts at him'.....i mean really. at 11pm
(or whatever time it was) that's just flippin' cooler than beer.

Ok lets change it up a little then.. does anybody think that maybe next year NHRA would consider having the top 12 in the countdown
instead of the top 10 ? which is the way its been forever but the last 2 of each pro class probably deserve to be added imo . it gives the
sponsors a better outlook as well for those lucky enough to advance. ok thinking out loud .. before u start with any negative feedback
take a look at the 2 extra competitors that could have been added for this year ... ok fire away :cool:🎃

^^ No! There are barely that number that run the full tour, so you may as well let all of them into the vaunted countdown. Billy Torrence is making a mockery of the contrived countdown drama this year, and this would only exacerbate the issue and entice others to run less races. Conversely, I believe the countdown field should be reduced to 8 contestants. Then these 8 could be seeded into the eliminations on Sunday in competition with each other exclusively. Other sports do not allow non-playoff teams to contest with the finalists for the championship, and neither should this sport, if it truly wants a realistic playoff and championship scenario.

^^ No! There are barely that number that run the full tour, so you may as well let all of them into the vaunted countdown. Billy Torrence is making a mockery of the contrived countdown drama this year, and this would only exacerbate the issue and entice others to run less races. Conversely, I believe the countdown field should be reduced to 8 contestants. Then these 8 could be seeded into the eliminations on Sunday in competition with each other exclusively. Other sports do not allow non-playoff teams to contest with the finalists for the championship, and neither should this sport, if it truly wants a realistic playoff and championship scenario.

100% agree. Reduce to 8 and put them all on the same side of the ladder for the Clowndown. All 8 are guaranteed a spot, but need to qualify for order, like any other race. Sitting out a session will cost them 20 pts (to encourage them to make all 4 laps, for the fans, A to B, Clean hits) Let the non-clowndown cars qualify for the other 8 spots. The event final will be 1 clowndown car and whoever made the final from the non clowndown side of the ladder. my $.02

Last edited:
I like this idea.

100% agree. Reduce to 8 and put them all on the same side of the ladder for the Clowndown. All 8 are guaranteed a spot, but need to qualify for order, like any other race. Sitting out a session will cost them 20 pts (to encourage them to make all 4 laps, for the fans, A to B, Clean hits) Let the non-clowndown cars qualify for the other 8 spots. The event final will be 1 clowndown car and whoever made the final from the non clowndown side of the ladder. my $.02
i like this idea a lot.....but i think the argument would be that all C cars would argue that they deserve a shot at least 1st round winner money.

i like this idea a lot.....but i think the argument would be that all C cars would argue that they deserve a shot at least 1st round winner money.

My response would be (if I were the powers that be) that they get that chance 16 other races a year. :)

Ohhhh "The Run" it's why I rooted against Tony after that. I blamed him for the countdown. Sure it's irrational but fandom is not about being rationale :)
The irony is that the Clowndown was already announced and happening for the following season. Because there wasn't enough"excitement" they way it was before. I actually think it is a tip of the hat to Shoe that it when down the way it did. There hasn't been anything more exciting than that since; with the exception of the Force/TPed meltdown over the "dive".

The irony is that the Clowndown was already announced and happening for the following season. Because there wasn't enough"excitement" they way it was before. I actually think it is a tip of the hat to Shoe that it when down the way it did. There hasn't been anything more exciting than that since; with the exception of the Force/TPed meltdown over the "dive".

I kinda enjoyed the drama of Steve Torrence sweeping the Countdown....showed that no matter how many points the NHRA threw away Steve and Co. just said “ok here, hold my beer “...

I kinda enjoyed the drama of Steve Torrence sweeping the Countdown....showed that no matter how many points the NHRA threw away Steve and Co. just said “ok here, hold my beer “...
It's not really drama when your stomping everyone's heart out. Not saying I didn't enjoy that myself, in fact I appreciated it after the way he kind of got screwed the year before. Was it fun to watch? Yes. dramatic? No.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back