ENOUGH "A to B" !!!! (1 Viewer)

Bob K.

Nitro Member
This "A to B crap got old a few years ago yet there is some donkey using it OVER AND OVER during B/AD, and Top Alky dragster. Damn! Stop it!

how bout HERE TO THERE ? that sound better ? ~:)~

Jeeze, I’m showing my age here, but this reminds me of something from Hee Haw -
From here to there none compares to hee-haws all girl band - sorry for the derailment. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

How about "straight down Broadway", or "in and out of the lights" or "goes thru the eyes at...."

John Force is as bad as anyone with his talk "A to B". Lately, though, his A to B is pretty quick - I was sitting in the finish line stands when he ripped off a 3.83/337-something at the Texas Motorplex last night. Pretty impressive.

I gotta question: we're all tired of the "canned" interview, but let's suppose it was YOU doing the interview. Now lets suppose that like John Force, you'd been racing funny cars for decades and made thousands of passes down thousands of tracks. Do you have some magic phrase to make driving down a straight track 4 times a day seem new and fresh? Try it sometime in front of a mirror and see how stupid you sound. Now imagine that the money you get to go racing (as well as pay your crew members) depends on your ability to mention your sponsor during that 20 second sound bite. It's just how it is in our sport.

Speaking of Force, he goes 3.83 at 337mph, and we’re going to discuss how redundant the phrase “a to b” is? I think sometimes people spend too much time dreaming up what the next thread should be, just for the sake of starting one. And I have to agree with Jim, the racers aren’t trained actors, talking into a microphone in front of a camera is not as easy as people think.

Speaking of Force, he goes 3.83 at 337mph, and we’re going to discuss how redundant the phrase “a to b” is? I think sometimes people spend too much time dreaming up what the next thread should be, just for the sake of starting one. And I have to agree with Jim, the racers aren’t trained actors, talking into a microphone in front of a camera is not as easy as people think.

Speaking for myself, I wasn't complaining about Force's use of words and phrases; I just brought it up. He's earned the right to say whatever he pleases, and rare is the person who doesn't enjoy a Force track-end interview, anyway. After that pass my daughter caught him in the pits, congratulated him on his #1 qualifying run and gave him a big hug while I snapped a picture of them. You know the guy simply wanted to take a shower and find a soft bed instead of stand there and jawbone with fans, but he took the time to make her day. So if he wants to say "A to B", I don't mind. :)

I don't recall Doug ever acting excited about anything. Even when he stood on the line and watched Tony take the championship on The Run. I know I would have been throwing F bombs and everything else.

I remember that Doug mouthed the S word as soon as they put the camera on him when Tony Shoe won the race.... sorry.... “The Run”

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back