Englishtown car count (1 Viewer)

PiPPi

Nitro Member
Anything specific about the low number of nitro cars at Englishtown?

The entry lists for Chicago this weekend show 19 Top Fuelers and 20 FCs. Englishtown has 15 of each in the entrylists now and last year there were 15 Top Fuelers and 16 funnies that ran qualifying.

Regards
PiPPi

The E-Town car counts have always been low compared to Chicago. I am hopeful by the time next weekend arrives there will be full fields in both categories. Last year there were only 15 TF cars, so we will see.

Chicago is something like a 3 hour drive for most of the folks, Englishtown is... well, ... in New Jersey :eek:

Not so good. I'm bringing my son across and was hoping for a bump-spot show in the nitro classes. Dissapointing if it doesn't come to that. Whatever, all the top guns are there and the main reason we're going is to cheer for Jimmy Ålund in Pro Stock car.

Regards
PiPPi

The majority of tracks are "pits" compared to Rt. 66.
Thanks, I needed that. Was getting a tad concerned ;)

Jimmy Ålund is racing at Chicago as well but that was not a choice for us due to other commitments. And we're getting a few days on Manhattan which is always a treat.

Regards
PiPPi

Thanks, I needed that. Was getting a tad concerned ;)

Jimmy Ålund is racing at Chicago as well but that was not a choice for us due to other commitments. And we're getting a few days on Manhattan which is always a treat.

Regards
PiPPi

Don't worry Par, I have been going to E-Town for 25+ years now and love going back each year. The track has tremendous amount of history and usually is fast. Trust me, if the place was a sh*thole, I wouldn't go back.

Don't worry Par, I have been going to E-Town for 25+ years now and love going back each year. The track has tremendous amount of history and usually is fast. Trust me, if the place was a sh*thole, I wouldn't go back.

This is going to be my 18th year going and I've been going to every one of them since 1992,

I'm pretty sure TF will have a 16 car field probably 1 DNQ because I'm sure Rit Pustari from CT and Bobby Lagana will run (especially because this year NitroJam is not running the same weekend as E-Town)

I don't quite understand why a lot of people don't make the trek to e-town because of this history, the way I see it if there are 5 Crown Jewel Races in the NHRA (Similar to 5 in Nascar (Daytona, Talladega, Darlington, Indy, Charlotte), E-Town would be one of them along with the 2 Pomona events, Indy, and Gainesville and all of which are historic.

We have on the Lists so Far Steve Chrisman (He was there last year (see Hillary Will losing her shoes trying to back Steve Up because of the sticky track)) and Scott Palmer in TF, Monroe Guest in TAD and the McClannahans in Stock/Super Stock, I can't understand and in addition after Scott's crash 2 years ago that hurt the count big time last year and I think some teams may have to regain their trust in the track again. I was hoping Bode or Wyatt would run E-Town this year just to give us a full field. but a Full Pro Mod & PSM field, Jersey Boys John Baldwin and "Manalapan Tommy" Micelli Got their work cut out for them.

Pro Mod; Hopefully "Popeye" (Musi) is still on there with his EFI Nitrous Car

I hope a couple more Alcohol FCs and or Dragsters run Hopefully Brittany & Courtney will run again.

Comp is Gonna be Fun with a couple A/PM (Todd Fontana driving a Top Sportsman Car)

Par,

I loved Etown when I went. The place has character and as Paul said the track is usually fast. I don't care for these fancy Bruton owned tracks, I don't need flash, I prefer history and character, and you'll get that with Englishtown.

I'm just bummed out I won't be making it this year as I had planned. :(

Enjoy, you'll have a great time. Also you should go catch some runs from the tower at the finish line.

Regards,

Mike

Par,

I loved Etown when I went. The place has character and as Paul said the track is usually fast. I don't care for these fancy Bruton owned tracks, I don't need flash, I prefer history and character, and you'll get that with Englishtown.

I'm just bummed out I won't be making it this year as I had planned. :(

Enjoy, you'll have a great time. Also you should go catch some runs from the tower at the finish line.

Regards,

Mike

That's where I'll be, best spot to take video.

Absolute truth. The Napp family has maintained the place nicely. The only other suggestion I'd make is to save your money on the reserved seating. Couple years ago they changed the reserved seating to be only on the T/F and F/C pit side. In the afternoon, that side of the track is bathed in sun - horrible for photography. Not to mention, the other side is in shade and much more comfortable to sit in on sunny days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back