Encouraging Start@ Pomona (1 Viewer)

It was stated today that he leases the operation from Schumacher. NAPA may be his and that's how he is paying. Unless he won the lottery he doesn't have the $$ to buy a team. He also said that he would like another body pointing to the Toyota.
Leasing means you don't own. What don't you understand about that.
I don't think anyone is saying Ron bought a team. He is starting a team under his own name, and it sounds like he is leasing what he needs to operate said team from Don Schumacher. This is a very good way for him to start his own team without having to purchase everything from scratch. If I want a job this year at RCM, should I talk to Ron Capps or Don Schumacher and who's name will be on my first check and who will fire me if I don't pull the belts tight enough and Ron flies through the front windshield like superman without a cape when he dumps the laundry? I think you probably know the answer to that question. ;) My hats off to RC for diving into the big pool and making it to the final round at the first race he entered as the owner of RCM. :)

Last edited:
I'm very impressed by the start of the season. The three pro categories I watched last night look VERY competitive. I'm especially impressed with Top Fuel. I don't think Stevo is just going to run away with it this year. Other teams are catching up.

Looking like a good season to dump the ClownDown. As tight as the competition is looking in testing and race #1. I believe that the points will be tight all season

If I start a construction company, and lease all the dozers, cranes, jackhammers, etc. and hire a crew and go out and do jobs under my new entity, NVC (Nunzio Valerie Construction), do I not own the business? Man people sure like to look in other people's pockets. Who cares if Ron buys or leases his equipment, it's all expendable anyway! And who cares if he can or can't write a check for all of it, that's his business. All we should care about is Ron is a helluva racer, and is investing in himself and the future of the sport. Why pick it apart?

I’m still trying to figure out why it matters if the car is leased or owned.
It’s a nitro race team for crying out loud, and they’re running the entire season.
That’s a good thing, isn’t it?
Sure is!

just like ron says, he's living the american dream owning his own small business. same goes for antron. i think these same petty comments about lease/own
could probably be directed at antron as well?.........news flash. they both own their teams. it is really great to see both of them take this next step to control their own destiny. 👏

So..... How about that fabulous race in Pomona???? Full fields, good weather, both lanes were awesome, it doesn't get much better.

Austin Prock .043 average on Sunday. .044 average for all 7 runs, awesome stuff.

Robert Hight runs low ET of eliminations in the semi's with a 3.861, comes back in the finals after an assisted mini dry hop and runs 3.861 again. So that tells me dry hops can't be so bad right?

All kidding aside, glad Trevor and Bobby didn't have any serious injury.

I expect that to happen every single time one of those bodies is lowered. Not sure why I'm so surprised on the rare occassion when it does happen. But man, that scared the crap out of me when it happened, and I was sitting on my couch. So glad nobody got hurt bad. For Robert to still have the concentration he had, is a testament to his focus. Great job considering he was shook up.

Thank goodness Austin Prock seems to have gotten his personality elsewhere. Maybe from his Mom? 😁

Speaking of Austin, I really wish he'd have won. Sorry, but nothing more needs to be said on that front.

Overall, it was a GREAT event. I really enjoyed watching it on NHRA.TV. There were some shots fired, for sure.

did the photo-finish camera seems better? i think it did. less distortion of images than previous. thought it captured the line very well.
noticed that while watching, my back left and rt. surround speakers would play for some camera feeds, and not for others. not sure if they'd played in past, but last nite they did, and it sounded great.
agree with others. robert's concentration after the throttle blip was remarkable.

I don't think anyone is saying Ron bought a team. He is starting a team under his own name, and it sounds like he is leasing what he needs to operate said team from Don Schumacher. This is a very good way for him to start his own team without having to purchase everything from scratch. If I want a job this year at RCM, should I talk to Ron Capps or Don Schumacher and who's name will be on my first check and who will fire me if I don't pull the belts tight enough and Ron flies through the front windshield like superman without a cape when he dumps the laundry? I think you probably know the answer to that question. ;) My hats off to RC for diving into the big pool and making it to the final round at the first race he entered as the owner of RCM. :)
the Fortune 500 company I spent 45 years with leases anything on wheels or tracks. It's a business decision and can help conserve capital.

the Fortune 500 company I spent 45 years with leases anything on wheels or tracks. It's a business decision and can help conserve capital.
One of the teams I worked on in the late 90s owned the jet, race cars, haulers and hospitality trailer. But they leased the race shop and 2 Chevy Suburban's to transport the crew members from race to race, get supplies, go to the hotel, and tow the cars to the staging lanes. A lot of trucking companies lease their trailers from Xtra-Lease and their trucks from large leasing companies like Penske truck leasing. They do that because the leasing company maintains the equipment and has shops all over the United States. Heck even a lot of the big-name NASCAR teams and drivers lease their jets instead of owning them because the leasing company maintains them.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back