Encouraging Start@ Pomona (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Leading up to the "Big Go West" most were thinking positive for the 2022 season. Yesterday in my view concerning the Pro divisions, I am very encouraged after Friday.

*NHRA.TV performed well yesterday, good sound, good camera work, nice job and thanks.
*The pro sessions just had unpredictable racing that I really liked*
*Nice field of cars and some very nice, some wild runs.
*Pro Stock is going to be a war.
*Track grinding and prep looked to have paid off.
*Many more thoughts but I just flat enjoyed Friday.

TopFuel@Lions

Looking forward to an exciting season. Hopefully Covid is in retreat and we can have full blown events. It's encouraging to me that we now have lots of nitro teams old and new. And PS is filled with talent. It certainly seems that things are going in the right direction. Which is all you can hope for these days.

Noted that Camrie Caruso P/S made 4 passes, all real close to one another. Q #7 at 6.553, so she is in the hunt.
Car has improved each session. As long as they continue in the right direction they could be a contender to win a race or two.

Ron Capps is considered an owner yet he doesn’t own any of the equipment? LOL 😂
He leases all the equipment from Don Schumacher makes him a renter not an owner! Now Tony Stewart is an owner!
So does Antron own all his equipment or rent it like Ron? Force is a owner because he owns everything! Connie is an owner because he does too!

Ron Capps is considered an owner yet he doesn’t own any of the equipment? LOL 😂
He leases all the equipment from Don Schumacher makes him a renter not an owner! Now Tony Stewart is an owner!
So does Antron own all his equipment or rent it like Ron? Force is an owner because he owns everything! Connie is an owner because he does too!
Ron owns the team and is responsible for managing all that comes with that. Plenty of businesses rent office space. Does that mean they don't own their business?

Ron owns the team and is responsible for managing all that comes with that. Plenty of businesses rent office space. Does that mean they don't own their business?
My bet is his finance comes from Napa not out of his pocket. Owners own! That’s a fact. Renting an office space is like comparing apples to oranges! He obviously doesn’t have the finances to claim ownership! That’s a fact! He was always a hired driver!

My bet is his finance comes from Napa not out of his pocket. Owners own! That’s a fact. Renting an office space is like comparing apples to oranges! He obviously doesn’t have the finances to claim ownership! That’s a fact! He was always a hired driver!

So what. He's signing the checks now. Why are you so pressed anyway?

I went on Saturday. One thing I was real impressed with was that I did not see even one oil down for all of the two fuel car qualifying sessions. Not the first time over the last few years there have been few to no oil downs in a session, but I thought the teams did a really, really good job with that on Sat. There weren't even any big boomers, and just a few times did I notice white "dead piston" smoke after the finish line, but those did not result in any oil down clean-ups. The most I saw was an occasional quick pass or two with that rubber or steel matt that picks up any errant debris from the track surface.

Not sure why this has improved so much inrecent years, but it sure is a much, much better "experience" for the fans in the stands not to have to sit thru any major clean-ups that kill the momentum of the show. Even the Alex M12 clean-up after his crash only took maybe 25 minutes. Good job guys!

I wonder why more drivers do not "work the crowd" on the return road like Jack Beckman always used to do, and like Antron Brown did on Saturday. It takes so little effort, and the fans love it! Almost all the drivers just sit, hidden in the big SUV that tows the car back to the pits, and most don't even wave. It's pretty strange.

I followed today's action on Dragracecentral.com, as usual. It was really something how the top cars in the fuel classes today - Capps, Hight, Ashley, and Prock - those things were running ET's like bracket cars. Not the first time we've seen this either, but sheesh......with all the hundreds of variables in tuning these fuel cars, and variables in the parts, the weather, etc, - to get them to run so damn consistent run after run is really beyond belief. Great job, to everyone on those teams. It was a really good weekend of racing (with no rain!) to start off the season.

I went on Saturday. One thing I was real impressed with was that I did not see even one oil down for all of the two fuel car qualifying sessions. Not the first time over the last few years there have been few to no oil downs in a session, but I thought the teams did a really, really good job with that on Sat. There weren't even any big boomers, and just a few times did I notice white "dead piston" smoke after the finish line, but those did not result in any oil down clean-ups. The most I saw was an occasional quick pass or two with that rubber or steel matt that picks up any errant debris from the track surface.

Not sure why this has improved so much inrecent years, but it sure is a much, much better "experience" for the fans in the stands not to have to sit thru any major clean-ups that kill the momentum of the show. Even the Alex M12 clean-up after his crash only took maybe 25 minutes. Good job guys!

I wonder why more drivers do not "work the crowd" on the return road like Jack Beckman always used to do, and like Antron Brown did on Saturday. It takes so little effort, and the fans love it! Almost all the drivers just sit, hidden in the big SUV that tows the car back to the pits, and most don't even wave. It's pretty strange.

I followed today's action on Dragracecentral.com, as usual. It was really something how the top cars in the fuel classes today - Capps, Hight, Ashley, and Prock - those things were running ET's like bracket cars. Not the first time we've seen this either, but sheesh......with all the hundreds of variables in tuning these fuel cars, and variables in the parts, the weather, etc, - to get them to run so damn consistent run after run is really beyond belief. Great job, to everyone on those teams. It was a really good weekend of racing (with no rain!) to start off the season.
Have just watched the first hour of the broadcast and really liked the opening of the show! Yeas we are in the age of the new STARS of the sport! After the first round of TF the 8 cars were the cream of the crop and FC was just as good! Turned off at the end of FC and have no opinion of PS, but after following on Race Central all day, it appears that Erica is still on top of the world.
Looking for Brittany to keep improving her RT - she did a good job today - and Austin to go alot of rounds this year. Hight and Prock could be a machine this year, and what has my mind blown was JF's results after doing so well in testing. As mentioned above the grinding and polishing on the Pomona track looks to have paid off, but it was cool and track temps did'nt seem to be so hot. We'll see! Great Job NHRA and teams!

So what. He's signing the checks now. Why are you so pressed anyway?
Because Alan reported he bought the team then corrected his claim! You had to watch NHRA.TV to understand.
He is leasing it! That means it doesn’t constitute owning it!

Because Alan reported he bought the team then corrected his claim! You had to watch NHRA.TV to understand.
He owns the team. And as team owner he is leasing equipment instead of buying it. He is still the team owner and pays the bills and either makes or loses money.

Last edited:
That point of view is like saying that anyone who leases or finances a car could wind up being chastised unless they clearly state "I need to get the oil changed in First National Bank's pickup" or "It cost nearly $60.00 to fill D&M Leasing's Toyota Camry the other day."

It was stated today that he leases the operation from Schumacher. NAPA may be his and that's how he is paying. Unless he won the lottery he doesn't have the $$ to buy a team. He also said that he would like another body pointing to the Toyota.
Leasing means you don't own. What don't you understand about that.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back