Early Father’s Day gifts… (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
My wife and I are visiting our daughter in northwest Arkansas.
They went shopping and I stayed home.
When they got home, my wife showed what she found for me.
I inherited my late father in law’s Pioneer turntable that I recently put on a new stylus and hooked up to my Sansui G-7500 playing through some Norman Lab Model 10 speakers I’ve had since 1979.
I can’t wait to get home so I can listen to them.
I’ve been a fan of The Doors since before Jim Morrison died in France.
What a great wife. We’ve been married 38+ years. I think I’ll keep her.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Ironwolf.jpg

Good for you. I got a new hard drive to replace a dying one in my Plex movie server. Got you beat on the marriage time, almost 54 years and still going strong. Well, still going at least.

excellent vintage system you have ted......we should get a thread going for those of us that lean towards hi-fi stuff.
the hotel album is a masterpiece........my two favorites on it are peace frog and indian summer.

excellent vintage system you have ted......we should get a thread going for those of us that lean towards hi-fi stuff.
the hotel album is a masterpiece........my two favorites on it are peace frog and indian summer.
Thanks Mike.
The only problem with the vintage stereo stuff is trying to find replacement parts should something go wrong.
I previously had a Sansui G-7000 for almost 20 years. When it quit working, I foolishly took it to an electronics recycling center.
Fortunately I found the G-7500 last year on eBay.
Lane change, speaking of Peace Frog.
The Arkansas Razorbacks baseball players each select the “walk-up” music they want played over the PA system when they come up to bat.
Last year, one of our players walked up to Peace Frog.
The player wasn’t even a twinkle in his dad’s eyes when Peace Frog was written.

Thanks Mike.
The only problem with the vintage stereo stuff is trying to find replacement parts should something go wrong.
I previously had a Sansui G-7000 for almost 20 years. When it quit working, I foolishly took it to an electronics recycling center.
Fortunately I found the G-7500 last year on eBay.
Lane change, speaking of Peace Frog.
The Arkansas Razorbacks baseball players each select the “walk-up” music they want played over the PA system when they come up to bat.
Last year, one of our players walked up to Peace Frog.
The player wasn’t even a twinkle in his dad’s eyes when Peace Frog was written.
Ted. my question is, do you ever see Jim "Dandy" Mangrum cruising the back roads of Arkansas.
Saw Black Oak once, early 1974. Jim and the late Ruby Starr, it was quite a show.

Morrison Hotel great album. Ship of Fools my favorite Doors song.
The band was all together for the album. Robby Krieger what a underrated guitar player.

Last edited:
Ted, my question is do you ever see Jim "Dandy" Mangrum cruising the back roads of Arkansas.
Saw Black Oak once, early 1974. Jim and the late Ruby Starr, it was quite a show.

Morrison Hotel great album. Ship of Fools my favorite Doors song.
The band was all together for the album. Robby Krieger what a underrated guitar player.
LOL Jim. I’m not sure Mangrum is still in Arkansas. I saw Black Oak Arkansas in concert in 1976. Ruby Starr was on stage in a white dress. She spun around one time and, since I was right up front, I was able to see things that my girlfriend at the time made me turn around and not look at.
Let’s just say, the sight was pretty nice.
You’re right about Krieger. His guitar work was among the best.
Back Door Man is one of my favorites.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back