Any audio buffs here? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
Mike Larson had a good idea when he suggested a thread about home stereo equipment in my Father’s Day thread.
So, here goes.
My stereo/amplifier is a Sansui G-7500, vintage 1979. It puts out 95 watts/channel. I bought it about a year ago after searching for a couple of years.
The turntable is a very nice Pioneer I inherited after my father in law passed. It’s probably early ‘80s. I put a new stylus on it and aligned and balanced the tone arm.
The speakers are Norman Laboratories Model 10s. I’ve had them since I bought them new in 1979.
They still sound great. I replaced the circuit breakers a couple of months ago and that really cleared them up.
The flag on top of the entertainment center was on my father in law’s casket.
I’m listening to my new The Doors album.
Give me analog music all day, every day.
Digital just doesn’t cut it for me.
IMG_0946.jpeg

What's your favorite music genre? Obviously one is 60's rock with your old but new to you Doors album.

What's your favorite music genre? Obviously one is 60's rock with your old but new to you Doors album.
I prefer mid-‘60s to early ‘70s rock music. It was all about the music back then.
A lot of today’s artists seem to concentrate more on their stage acts instead of the quality of their music.
But there are several newer groups I really like: Kenny Wayne Shepherd (been to 6 of his concerts), Joe Bonamassa (been to 4 of his concerts), Albert Cummings (2), and Jonny Lang (1).
They are each great guitarists.
Every once in a great while, I’ll listen to stuff my son listened to in the early 2000s.

thanks ted......don't have much, but it's a good enough system to really enjoy music, and tv on 15 year old 240hz samsung 55" LED that is still as good today as the day it was new.
have an older pioneer vsx-834 7 channel AV receiver (about 12 years old i think). all speakers paradigm. two rear 2-way wall mounts. a center 2-way, and a sub. the best part of system are my front sides paradigm stand mount reference studio 20 v5. they are as beautiful as they sound. desperately need to upgrade AV receiver to a better amp to really liven up the speakers.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back