e town attendance (1 Viewer)

e-town iceyman

Nitro Member
i was there on friday and sunday and the crowds looked good until the rain... friday 1st session stands were almost full ... howd it look on tv

Looked pretty crowded on TV, did you see the NASCAR race yesterday? I remember it was hard as hell to ever get a ticket to michigan, but yesterday there were nothing but empty seats!

I arrived Friday about noontime. ('Musta been right after the accident).

My impression was that the pits seemed somewhat less crowded (I didn't realize WHY things were so quiet 'til much later).

That said, by the time racing resumed (about 4:15- 4:30) the stands were pretty full on both sides of the track.

In retrospect, on a normal qualifying day, the stands empty all-at-once and fill-up-again when the Pros run. The extended delay may have allowed people to take their time leading to a less-crowded feel in the pits (?).
Nobody seemed to complain about the 4 / 5 hour break in the action. Under the circumstances, what can you do? (But, this is suburban New York City! <G>)

All three days had good attendance! I love going back to E-Town each year and even though there was a tragic accident on Friday, I had a blast this weekend. I can't wait for next year!

Attendence on all three days looked good.I still don't why they moved the Pro Stock challange....

I was quite content with Pros starting at 4:30 knowing we would get a night session. a 4 hr break in the action, I may not agree on the circumstances on why we had such a long break because as I said many times, death is never fun at the track. I guarantee if we didn't get that late of a pro session and the schedule went as normally planned, we would've not have seen the #s we saw, track record numbers yes, but not the "Quickest run ever" "3rd Fastest run ever" etc numbers we saw, and the numbers 3.752 would probably have not existed this weekend. I knew it was fast out there from the moment i walked in the gates, it was all about the timing of the conditions and when certain class gets a shot at the track.

note to NHRA, next year at e-town bring back night sessions on friday legit, pro stock motorcycle at 8pm progress as usual.

I was there Sat and Sun, and it seemed a lil less crowded to me than previous years. But the temps were great, especially Fri., for all the great runs I heard about. Sorry to lose another racer. Absolutely tragc, and my heart goes out to the family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back