Dunn vs. Rieff (1 Viewer)

Brian

Nitro Member
Regarding the story on NHRA.com about their race in Chicago.

Since Dunn is in a Herbert car and he says he'll stay on the gas for 1 second, I predict he'll smoke the tires, bang the blower and Rieff will take the win in 16 seconds.

What do you think would happen if Dave gets out of shape and has to lift :eek:
I say he'll be doing scrap booking on DYI for his next TV gig.:D

Regarding the story on NHRA.com about their race in Chicago.

Since Dunn is in a Herbert car and he says he'll stay on the gas for 1 second, I predict he'll smoke the tires, bang the blower and Rieff will take the win in 16 seconds.

and then fire the crew chief ..........:D

Mark.

I love ya ESPN2, but
4 classes, hour and a half show and your doing a fluff piece...

PEOPLE WHINING: "NHRA needs to reach out to mainstream audience to get their attention..."

SAME PEOPLE A LITTLE LATER: "NHRA is wasting time with this Dunn Rieff deal."

Are some people NEVER happy!

Stop your whining people!

I think it's a neat idea. As long as they don't put Paul Page out there in a pair of Daisy Dukes doing an old-fashioned start!!

Dave's car isn't so eye-catching though. I'd like to see him in a modern Nextel Cup car; or an Indy car. Or atleast a high-end Vette or maybe that high horsepower Mustang Cobra everyone's foaming about. I've always wanted to see a TF and a regular street car run a full pass on a handicap tree, too. :D

Last edited:
PEOPLE WHINING: "NHRA needs to reach out to mainstream audience to get their attention..."

SAME PEOPLE A LITTLE LATER: "NHRA is wasting time with this Dunn Rieff deal."

Are some people NEVER happy!

Stop your whining people!

Paul I have never said we need to reach for the unwashed masses... I really feel that after a couple of years, like NASCAR, when drag racing is no longer the in thing to watch, the sport will survive downsizing...

I, for one, don't want to see, the hybrid play off, hype this, hype that... and yeah, it's a fluff piece... I'd prefer to see nothing but an hour and a half of runs, afterall, how many NFL or NBA games do you see where they explain weight training, or how to play a position

There are normally enough "Smoke the tires and coast" runs in qualifying to run 10 "Fluff" pieces. I for one enjoy a little variety in the show.
This comment does not include the bozo's shooting T Shirts into the stands.:mad:

wouldn't it be funny if dunn legs it through and gets out at the end and says "oops, i forgot to lift. the darn thing felt sooo good!"

I think it's a terrific concept and will be extremely enjoyable for both the public present and those watching on TV - even us over here in Oz.

We've done similar things here with circuit racing, the link to You Tube here showing a comparo from 2004 at the famous Bathurst circuit between a standard Holden (GM) Commodore SS (the previous model of the new Pontiac G8, 6 ltr V8, etc), the 1979 Bathurst winning Holden A9X Torana hatchback and a current day (for 2004) Holden Commodore V8 Supercar.

Current day V8 Supercar aces Cameron McConville and Mark Skaife are driving the Commodores, while the late, great Peter Brock is driving the Torana, the car which he won the Bathurst 1000 in 1979 by six laps.

Great TV, something different 2004 Bathurst Speed Comparison ...

Last edited:
I think it's a neat idea. As long as they don't put Paul Page out there in a pair of Daisy Dukes doing an old-fashioned start!!

Dave's car isn't so eye-catching though. I'd like to see him in a modern Nextel Cup car; or an Indy car. Or atleast a high-end Vette or maybe that high horsepower Mustang Cobra everyone's foaming about. I've always wanted to see a TF and a regular street car run a full pass on a handicap tree, too. :D

Now THAT is a good idea Chris! It would be a good way for Fuller to advertise that viper he has for sale.

I think it's gonna be fun to watch. I just hope Rieff doesn't blow it and have like a 1.9 second reaction time.

(edit) Plus it'll be fun to see Mike in a fuel car again, even if it's only for a squirt.

Has he been keeping his license current? I would think so. If so, whose car has he been using?

They could never do the handicap deal. Could you imagine how far downtrack Dave would be before Mike hit the pedal? Definitely dangerous. It would be awesome to see, but dangerous.

They could never do the handicap deal. Could you imagine how far downtrack Dave would be before Mike hit the pedal? Definitely dangerous. It would be awesome to see, but dangerous.
That's exactly why they set up the segment for the show Mail Call the way they did. Gunny wanted to go first and then have Tony chase him down but everyone else knew it was too dangerous. Instead they both left the line at the same time and it looked like Gunny's Jeep was tied to a tree. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back