DrRocket's Brainerd Pictures (1 Viewer)

The last of 'em.

OK, here are the last of my photos from Brainerd. Hope you like them.

There aren't many Sunday pics because my camera started acting up on Saturday evening, and didn't work all that well on Sunday either. I was afraid I was going to lose what I had, so I used it sparingly. I also found it it's not worth a darn taking action photos. It was an inexpensive Nikon and it's had a rough life. I can't afford another one right now, so I'll have to make do with it.

You'll find the pics here.

David those pics you took behind the starting line are priceless! As packed as those stands appear is it true that less than half the people in the campground go to the races? That must be a TON of people then!

David those pics you took behind the starting line are priceless! As packed as those stands appear is it true that less than half the people in the campground go to the races? That must be a TON of people then!

i wouldn't say 'less than half' - i would say during any given nitro session,
there are maybe 3000 - 4000 campers that are not sitting in a bleacher?
anyone? help? do those numbers seem accurate?

a group i know used to camp just before the last turn-off in shutdown
area - very rarely would any of them walk to bleachers - they tied
a finnish flag to the chainlink fence, as far as they were concerned they
were camped at the 'finnish' line. :rolleyes:
many years ago the 'top alcohol camp' was next door to them.

i wouldn't say 'less than half' - i would say during any given nitro session,
there are maybe 3000 - 4000 campers that are not sitting in a bleacher?
anyone? help? do those numbers seem accurate?

a group i know used to camp just before the last turn-off in shutdown
area - very rarely would any of them walk to bleachers - they tied
a finnish flag to the chainlink fence, as far as they were concerned they
were camped at the 'finnish' line. :rolleyes:
many years ago the 'top alcohol camp' was next door to them.

It's really hard to put a number on it, but I wouldn't doubt your estimate Mike. When you look from where we were sitting (top row, Budweiser grandstand) out towards the campground and you see a sea of white camper roofs, there's gotta be at least a 1/3 of those people not even coming to watch the races. I think the only time I've ever seen more campers is at a NASCAR race.

Thanks Joe! I appreciate it. At the time, I thought the angles looked good from where I was standing. The problem was, there was about a two to three layer wall of pipple in front of me. So I hoisted the camera above the crowd, and, sun be damned, did my best to frame things as best I could from that angle. My personal favorite is this one:

DSCN2399.jpg

I thought that one turned out pretty well.

I just remembered I also took several vids too. I'm working on getting them posted without the truncating photobucket does with them.

More to come!! :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back