DrRocket's Brainerd Pictures (1 Viewer)

I'm sorry I missed the meeting Sunday morning...I get caught up in walking around the pits and lose track of time...Not to poke the hornet's nest...but what were everyones impressions of the :

1. 1000' racing ?

2. Low car counts ? (What happened to Jay Payne and Frank Manzo ?)

3. Not being allowed to stash a cooler under the bleachers ?

Personally I thought the 1000' racing was only ok at best.We still had a couple of oildowns,and it just seemed wrong to me.Hope they come up with a better solution for next year.

I'm sorry I missed the meeting Sunday morning...I get caught up in walking around the pits and lose track of time...Not to poke the hornet's nest...but what were everyones impressions of the :

1. 1000' racing ?

Personally I thought the 1000' racing was only ok at best.We still had a couple of oildowns,and it just seemed wrong to me.Hope they come up with a better solution for next year.

As for the 1000', I guess I didn't hate it, but I wasn't exactly thrilled with it. When the numbers come up on the boards, I found myself just not sure whether it was a good run or a GREAT run. I sure hope that situation doesn't carry over to next year.

I too was surprised that Jay Payne wasn't there. During Q1 of TAFC, I found myself to be waiting and waiting for his car to come out. It seems like Jay's been competing every year there so that was quite surprising.

It's been a long time since BIR didn't have a full field of TF. I recall back in about '98 or '99, they had a 15 car field but that's the only other time I remember it happening.

1. 1000' racing ?

1000' racing sucks. Period.

I've held my thoughts and comments to myself until I got to see it in person.... It sucks! Like you said, I hope they come up with a better solution for next year.

I've held my thoughts and comments to myself until I got to see it in person.... It sucks! Like you said, I hope they come up with a better solution for next year.

The ONE TIME I didn't bring my camera, these guys walked across with this sign--bad quality I took it with my phone.

media1.jpg

1000' racing.
seems most racers/owners (at least publicly) support it.
didn't think i minded it on tv.
don't care for it at all in person.
even found myself (sitting at top end for one round) thinking a pro stock
race had been won by driver x, when in fact i was watching the 1000'
line and driver x was passed in the last 320' - soon thereafter remembering
the pro stocks still race to the 1320' stripe.

guy and girl with homemade banner on sunday walking back and forth in
front of bleachers showing banner to both fans and starting line/tower
banner said, "1320' OR GO HOME"......cute, but the jokes on them.

IMO i don't think we'll see 1320' again. i really hope i'm wrong on this.
guy that camps with us contends the facilities should all lengthen and
as few restrictions as possible should be placed on nitro cars.
nice thought but i don't see it.

Last edited:

Careful there Bri, or Erection Lawless (Rex Lawler) will blow a gasket calling every name in the Book! I know from experience...

No doubt Joe! I heard that somebody had a sign in the Zoo that read "show your hooters for free shooters" and that there were plenty of people taking them up on the offer.

didn't see the sign, but..............

evidently there was a "pole" (brass?) in the zoo friday nite as well.
from what i hear the behavior was acceptable until money started exchanging
hands.............no more pole.

didn't see the sign, but..............

evidently there was a "pole" (brass?) in the zoo friday nite as well.
from what i hear the behavior was acceptable until money started exchanging
hands.............no more pole.

I didn't see anything!! Honest! :eek: (I can show this one)

strip.jpg

It was nice to meet a few of you at the Mater meeting. And thanks for bringing up Vegas Greg. You(and Mark) just had to remind me how great a track it is. My once passing thought of going this fall is slowly turning into a "I have to go". Already found a cheap flight and a newbie to bring along.

As far as BIR, no general seats bites. I like to go to different spots sometimes to watch. And because I didn't camp this year I can't get into the zoo, just to say hi to a few friends at their campsite.

1000'...I also waited to post until I seen it first hand. I would rather have 1320, but I can wait for it's return when it's safe.

It was nice to meet a few of you at the Mater meeting. And thanks for bringing up Vegas Greg. You(and Mark) just had to remind me how great a track it is. My once passing thought of going this fall is slowly turning into a "I have to go". Already found a cheap flight and a newbie to bring along.

As far as BIR, no general seats bites. I like to go to different spots sometimes to watch. And because I didn't camp this year I can't get into the zoo, just to say hi to a few friends at their campsite.

1000'...I also waited to post until I seen it first hand. I would rather have 1320, but I can wait for it's return when it's safe.

Scott, Vegas is definitely awesome. Plus, the last two times I was there, there were quite a few Maters in attendance. We all hung out by the fence and shared "war" stories over a few malted beverages and just had a great time. Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the pictures David. It was a pleasure meeting you, your wife and the other mater members. Got back to Milwaukee this afternoon. Stayed Sunday night in St Paul with my son his wife & my new grandson (first one). I always liked the drive back home on Monday because I usually pass a few pro rigs on I-94 heading to the next race. Saw Cory Mac, Morgan Lucas & Ron Capps Today. FYI on the member photo I'm the one in the blue shirt, mustache & Blond (grey) hair. :cool:

LMAO! Gotta love the blonde/grey hair. You get highlights without paying the high dollars! ;)

Careful there Bri, or Erection Lawless (Rex Lawler) will blow a gasket calling every name in the Book! I know from experience...

It's OK, Joe. He can call me anything he wants but I'm still entitled to voice my opinion. If he doesn't like it, too bad!

I did hear a rumor this weekend that we'll see 1320 again next year. I don't know if it's real or just a "rumor".... I guess we'll find out next year.

Brian. :)

OK, here we go.

Use this link. after you go there, use the tool marked "next" in the upper right hand corner to go to the next image.

First of all, I want to apologize to everyone for the amount of time it took to post these pictures. I'm getting to them as fast as I can. I'm starting a brand new job. Further posts this weekend!

I got laid off and am starting a new job. I'm switching to second shift, so my clock is all f<74574> up at the moment.

Please have patience, I'll get everything on line eventually this week

Once again, it was as wonderful weekend.

Last edited:
Joe, Mr & Mrs Rocket are standing on the far left of the photo, and that's me kneeling in front. You should have been here with your camera, this whole state is a gold mine. I have been up here for a little over 2 months and it's been a real pleasure. All of the people are super nice and very friendly, and the weather is just unreal. Nice seeing all of you guys at the race, hope to get home soon and make it to Ennis too.

Tom, great meeting you in the racers stand on Sunday. Thanks for the burger, too.

Hey Bill, Thanks for giving me somebody to talk to in the stands. I enjoyed meeting you and your friends, and you can get the burgers next year. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back