Don Schumacher Racing Pre-Race Report: Phoenix (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Phoenix Pre-Race Report
NHRA Arizona Nationals

Event 2 of 22
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Chandler, Ariz.
February 25-27, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Maynard Family Racing/Kaizen Collision Centers Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 6.jpg

NHRA Arizona Nationals Event Highlights:
Five-time event winner (2000, 2002, 2005, 2013, 2015)
Six-time No. 1 qualifier (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2018)
Raced to a runner-up finish in 2012

2018 Phoenix Recap:
Qualified No. 1; First round exit (defeated by Greg Carrillo in E1)
Last Event (Pomona 1):
Qualified 12th; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Doug Kalitta in E1; defeated by Austin Prock in E2)
Career Statistics:
513 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:
Leads the Top Fuel class in number of wins at Phoenix (five): 2000, 2002, 2005, 2013, 2015
Leads the class in number of No. 1 qualifiers (six) at Phoenix: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2018
Became the first NHRA driver to eclipse the 330-mph barrier (330.23-mph) during the 1999 Phoenix event
Earned the pole position at his most recent Arizona Nationals outing (2018)
Reset both ends of his career-best numbers during the 2018 event:
E.T.: 3.649-seconds
Speed: 336.57 MPH
Quotable:
“Phoenix has been awesome to me in the past. We were the first team to ever run 330-miles-per-hour during the 1999 event, and I’ve won that race several times. Our pre-season test session at Phoenix went really well. We ran good enough there to run mid-70s on a gravel road! So, if the conditions are right, I have no doubt we’ll go fast and be competitive this weekend.
“Last week at Pomona reminded me how I still need some more time to get reacquainted with driving a Top Fuel dragster, but I’m getting more comfortable with each and every run. I think as time goes on, this team will get stronger and stronger as we continue to work together. I’m certain we will be one of the top contenders in the Countdown to the Championship this year.”

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back