Don Schumacher Racing Pre-Race Report: Gainesville (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Gainesville Pre-Race Report
NHRA Gatornationals

Event 3 of 22
Gainesville Raceway
Gainesville, Fla.
March 11-13, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Maynard Family Racing/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 9.jpg

NHRA Gatornationals Event Highlights:
Five-time event winner (2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2017)
Four-time runner-up (2000, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Three-time No. 1 qualifier (2006, 2011, 2017)
2020 Gainesville Recap:
Qualified 13th; First round exit (defeated by Steve Torrence in E1)
Last Event (Phoenix):
Qualified 12th; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Justin Ashley in E1; defeated by Clay Millican in E2)
Career Statistics:
514 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:
Leads the Top Fuel class in number of wins at Gainesville (five): 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2017
Scag Power Equipment makes its NHRA debut as a DSR primary partner at the Gatornationals
Quotable:
“I’ve been super successful there, having won five times, but I’ve won that race with different crew chiefs. As much as I’d like to take the credit for my Gainesville success, a whole bunch of people contributed to that. But, I do believe that we’ll have great success this weekend with our new team as well. I wish we were part of the Call-Out race because it makes you step up your game a little earlier in the weekend, but our Scag Top Fuel dragster is performing extremely well without the results. Obviously, we have two first-round wins, which is good, but we've just had some gremlins bite us which has prevented us from racing to our full potential.
“We have a great group of folks from Scag Power Equipment coming out. Already, we had people coming up to the ropes at our last race letting us know that they had a Scag dealership and they were so excited for a Scag race car, so I’m really pumped to debut our Scag car this weekend. A lot of good things in the works for our team.”

Constant Aviation Factory Stock Showdown Series (Event 1 of 8):
DAVID DAVIES: Driver of the D H Davies Racing® Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Davies 1.jpg

2021 Gainesville Recap:
N/A
Last Event (Las Vegas 2 2021):
Qualified 14th; First round exit (defeated by Jason Dietsch in E1)

MARK PAWUK: Driver of the Empaco Equipment Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Pawuk 1.jpg

2021 Gainesville Recap:

Qualified 11th; Semifinal finish (defeated Jim Betz in E1, Gardner Stone in E2; defeated by Aaron Stanfield in E3)
Last Event (Las Vegas 2 2021):
Qualified fifth; Quarterfinal finish (defeated John Cerbone in E1; defeated by Leah Pruett in E2)
Career Statistics:
27 races; three runner-up finishes; two No. 1 qualifiers

WARREN WALCHER: Driver of the Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak
Walcher 1 1.jpg

Noteworthy:

Making his DSR debut at the 2022 Gatornationals

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back