DSR Pre-Race Report: Epping (1 Viewer)

DSR logo.jpg

Epping Pre-Race Report
NHRA New England Nationals

Event 8 of 22
New England Dragway
Epping, N.H.
June 3 - 5, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 23.jpg

Epping Event Highlights:
Two-time event champion (2014, 2015)
2015 No. 1 Qualifier
2018 Epping Recap:
Qualified second; Semifinal finish (defeated Jim Maroney in E1, Richie Crampton in E2; defeated by Steve Torrence in E3)
Last Event (Richmond):
Qualified 11th; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Justin Ashley in E1; defeated by Steve Torrence in E3)
Career Statistics:
519 races; 85 event wins; 88 No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:
Schumacher returns to Epping competition this weekend for the first time since 2018. He finished as a semifinalist during his most recent outing at New England Dragway.
Quotable:
“I absolutely cannot wait to get to Epping, N.H. I’ve had such good success there in 2014 and 2015, and I’ve missed racing there. The last time I competed there was 2018, so it’s definitely been a while and is long overdue. I miss the people, I miss the coast, and I love the track itself. It’s a small-town venue, not a ‘super stadium,’ and the fans come out in droves. They’re a great group of people that love NHRA and Top Fuel/Funny Car racing, and I’m chomping at the bit to get back to the area and back to racing at a track where we’ve been successful.
“Before we head out to Epping, I’m flying into Boston first and then going up to Connecticut for a Scag Power Equipment Open House, and I’m looking forward to meeting our New England Scag supporters, it should be a great time. We’re running the co-branded Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment car this weekend, and I love that livery; it looks amazing. The guys have spent this break since Richmond sorting through some issues that had been plaguing the car, and they’ve made some new parts and pieces which we’re confident should alleviate some of those issues that had bit us previously."

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.
For more information, visit shoeracing.com, or Follow Us @shoeracing on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back