Don Prudhomme in the Booth (1 Viewer)

Buns

Nitro Member
I want to say that I really enjoy Don's insight and commentary when he's in the booth. He speaks well on camera and brings an invaluable wealth of knowledge to the broadcast. His stories and unique POV are a great addition.

I wish Snake would stop by the booth more often!

Snake is always a great addition to the broadcasts. Hopefully Jerry Ruth will sit in this week, he was great in the booth in the past. Lots of great insight.

Now don't let DP go and get to many good comments about his TV talent..... or he might just go hook up with our old friend Marty for the IndyCar telecasts!! :D Great guy, great american sports figure Who doesn't love the Snake?

Was it me or did the TV crew, crowd , and everyone else get a little uneasy during Don`s "...and the hot women" comment during the honorary starter piece?

Was it me or did the TV crew, crowd , and everyone else get a little uneasy during Don`s "...and the hot women" comment during the honorary starter piece?

Don "the perv" Prudhomme. :D

Yeah, I was seriously uncomfortable when he said that....however, he was dead accurate. ;)

I think it was in jest due to the recent Tenessee pastor at the nascar race
A Tennessee pastor drew raucous cheers and applause from a NASCAR crowd with a blessing straight out of a Will Ferrell film.

Brother Joe Nelms delivered the invocation Saturday night before the Federated Auto Parts 300 Nationwide Series race in Nashville.

The prayer started out normally enough, with the pastor giving thanks for all the blessings of the 'heavenly father.'

Giving thanks: Pastor Joe Nelms of the Family Baptist Church bellows his unconventional invocation during Saturday night's race

He then took a strange turn with gratitude for GM performance technology, R07 engines and 'Goodyear tires that bring performance and power to the track.'

Brother Nelms, the pastor of Family Baptist church in Lebanon, Tenn., then raised his voice as he brought his family into the prayer.

'Lord I want to thank you for my smokin' hot wife tonight, Lisa, and my two children Eli and Emma - or as we like to call them - the little E's.'

'In Jesus’ name - boogity, boogity, boogity – Amen!'

[vbtube]0E8EYTyACQk[/vbtube]

Last edited:
IMO it's a good thing to have a notable figure on starting
line/stage to start the show......a good ending to all the pre-race festivities;
the rest of the afternoon is spent listening to a voice from inside the tower
or from the top end.
love it when paul and mike get a racer in booth, whether an icon like don
or a first round loser driver; actually they should have a first round loser
driver in booth for second round for all the pro classes at every event.
talk about tv time for a sponsor.

You are kidding, right? Uncomfortable?

Yeah, uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable for the 25,000+ whom had to see him say it live...much different than him saying it to you through your TV.
I'm in a line of work that requires me to speak in public and the one thing you have to remember is that you might think that what you are saying is appropriate, however, you don't speak for the whole house. I just feel in this day and age, he should have known better than to actually say what he said. There are families in that audience....with young children. Think of someones little 10 year old girl hearing that remark. Thanking all the "smokin' hot women" was a childish and immature remark...especially for a successful businessman like the snake. It's a remark that objectifies women and is simply uncalled for, despite the fact that 85% of who was at the race probably thought it was a cool comment.
I know I'll get bashed here, but I simply don't care. Objectifying and admiring beautiful women has it's time and place.....NOT at a "family" event.

Last edited:
Yeah, uncomfortable. I felt uncomfortable for the 25,000+ whom had to see him say it live...much different than him saying it to you through your TV.
I'm in a line of work that requires me to speak in public and the one thing you have to remember is that you might think that what you are saying is appropriate, however, you don't speak for the whole house. I just feel in this day and age, he should have known better than to actually say what he said. There are families in that audience....with young children. Think of someones little 10 year old girl hearing that remark. Thanking all the "smokin' hot women" was a childish and immature remark...especially for a successful businessman like the snake. It's a remark that objectifies women and is simply uncalled for, despite the fact that 85% of who was at the race probably thought it was a cool comment.
I know I'll get bashed here, but I simply don't care. Objectifying and admiring beautiful women has it's time and place.....NOT at a "family" event.

Thank God, political correctness has not engulfed the Snake.

Political correctness and fear of litigation have eliminated common sense today.

Wow...you should try pulling that long stick out of your ass! Loosen up!

The Snake was "trying" to be funny, but it didn't work. He was just using the line from the Tennessee pastor who got a chuckle at the NASCAR race recently, and the pastor got it from Talladega Nights.

It's called humor...he wasn't trying to be derogatory towards women! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

I'm glad everyone here is so understanding and accepting of differing opinions.

Sorry but your post was like it came from a NOW member who thinks that women who are 34D-25-34 are sl*ts and magazines likes Maxim are "degrading," not a red-blooded male drag racing fan. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You all have missed my point completely. If you knew me, you would know I am certainly not a feminist supported or anything of the such. I love the way beautiful women look just like any other guy. My ONLY concern is an NHRA race is supposed to be a family event...where the young and old can come and enjoy the racing, not perv over women's bodies. I have young kids, and if we were at this race and heard the snake say that, I would have been mortified that they heard it...especially my daughter. We must set a good example for our children starting from when they are young and show them that women are not just objects of sexual interest for men.

(hold back on the negative responses, I've heard enough male chauvinism)

You all have missed my point completely. If you knew me, you would know I am certainly not a feminist supported or anything of the such. I love the way beautiful women look just like any other guy. My ONLY concern is an NHRA race is supposed to be a family event...where the young and old can come and enjoy the racing, not perv over women's bodies. I have young kids, and if we were at this race and heard the snake say that, I would have been mortified that they heard it...especially my daughter. We must set a good example for our children starting from when they are young and show them that women are not just objects of sexual interest for men.

(hold back on the negative responses, I've heard enough male chauvinism)

I agree with your posts... but

There's alot worse going on at the races you'd see in the stands then Snake's comments about women. For the most part the races are family friendly, but there are some instances caused by fans you want to keep your kids away from... like most bit sporting events though.

I did not make the connection between Snake's comments about women and that Pastor and Talledega Nights... if that was Snake's intent. It just seemed odd and out of place coming from where it did.

Like you and probably all others, that is a great part of being out at the drags in the middle of August seeing all the ladies out there... BIR 2 weeks!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back