Dom Lagana? (1 Viewer)

From another board:

I'm told Dominick has burns on 50% of his body, but is having trouble breathing due to smoke inhalation...
He was trapped in the car...
Richie and Jake were thrown out of the car - Richie has many broken bones & Jake has a head injury...

From another board:

I'm told Dominick has burns on 50% of his body, but is having trouble breathing due to smoke inhalation...
He was trapped in the car...
Richie and Jake were thrown out of the car - Richie has many broken bones & Jake has a head injury...
Sweet Jesus! Prayers are with you guys!!

Man that’s so sad to hear. I must say though - I’m pleasantly “surprised” ..I guess is the word.. at the outpouring for Dominick in particular. Great guy, great family, who’s helped a lot of drivers realize their dreams. Pritchett and Sanford come to mind specifically. And both those girls have made very loving and thoughtful remarks on social media in the wake of all this. I am praying for all those guys. It’s a difficult time indeed.

Man that’s so sad to hear. I must say though - I’m pleasantly “surprised” ..I guess is the word.. at the outpouring for Dominick in particular. Great guy, great family, who’s helped a lot of drivers realize their dreams. Pritchett and Sanford come to mind specifically. And both those girls have made very loving and thoughtful remarks on social media in the wake of all this. I am praying for all those guys. It’s a difficult time indeed.

Anyone who is lucky enough to know Dom is not surprised (not a slight at you, Chris). He is the kind of person that everybody likes because he treats everyone the same, like an old friend or family. And he is the type of person who will do whatever he can to help a person in need. Our car would never have turned a tire if it wasn't for the help we got from him.

Anyone who is lucky enough to know Dom is not surprised (not a slight at you, Chris). He is the kind of person that everybody likes because he treats everyone the same, like an old friend or family. And he is the type of person who will do whatever he can to help a person in need.
Absolutely.

News reports says it was county rd 1000 E , which is right next to the track .
Driving the 3500HP 57 Chevy they built .

News reports says it was county rd 1000 E , which is right next to the track .
Driving the 3500HP 57 Chevy they built .

It did not have the blown alcohol engine in it, It did have a turbocharged LS engine in it. It was used as a tow vehicle for Jonnie Lindberg's alky car this weekend.

I really hope Dom pulls through, some of the stuff I've heard it sounds like he has a long fight ahead of him if he makes it. I've rooted for the Laganas for years ever since I met the family down in Tucson the first year the IHRA raced down there. I've gotten to know Dom and Bobby more in recent years and they are always there willing to help anybody out who needs a helping hand. They also treat everyone like family even to those of us who only see them a couple of times a year.

It did not have the blown alcohol engine in it, It did have a turbocharged LS engine in it. It was used as a tow vehicle for Jonnie Lindberg's alky car this weekend.

I really hope Dom pulls through, some of the stuff I've heard it sounds like he has a long fight ahead of him if he makes it. I've rooted for the Laganas for years ever since I met the family down in Tucson the first year the IHRA raced down there. I've gotten to know Dom and Bobby more in recent years and they are always there willing to help anybody out who needs a helping hand. They also treat everyone like family even to those of us who only see them a couple of times a year.
I've know Dom and Bobby from growing up at New England Dragway. Used to see them all the time for match races, but when IHRA came to town, it was reduced to once a year. Just to show what both of these guys are like, I was running ET Brackets at the 2003 IHRA North American Nationals and I had a local sponsor that was new to drag racing. On Thursday at those races, IHRA had "Media Day", which was an absolute blast for all involved, media & sponsors. Last minute, my sponsor couldn't make it, so I put something on social media simply stating what happened, but not asking for anything.....and Bobby sent me a message. He told me to come by his pits on Friday, with my sponsor and he could help warm the car up...really? seriously?...sure as S#IT yes! As it turned out, the sponsor couldn't make Friday either, but I went by and introduced myself to the brother and they were so cordial and friendly, we spent the rest of the weekend chatting, even had Bobby come by my car in the staging lanes asking how we did...and likewise after they ran I would swing by.
Over the next 5-6 years, I would seek them out at mutual races and they'd pick me out of a crowd. They even got to know my kids and let them help with the car, packing up, whatever....Bobby even made sure to give them a "prize" whenever they were done.
The night Dom and Bob ran side by side 4 second runs at Epping was magical...Bob was on the phone, walked past me and smacked my back, saying...well, I'm not repeating it here, but to translate "awesome runs" would be socially acceptable.
The point of this story, is to show how genuinely humble BOTH of these guys are and although their situations have become more serious, they haven't forgotten their roots and whats important in life.
I'm weeping as I write this, all of my prayers and support are being sent to Dom...you can pull through this!!!

Last edited:
Anyone who is lucky enough to know Dom is not surprised (not a slight at you, Chris). He is the kind of person that everybody likes because he treats everyone the same, like an old friend or family. And he is the type of person who will do whatever he can to help a person in need. Our car would never have turned a tire if it wasn't for the help we got from him.
Scott Palmer just wrote something similar on Facebook. "Anyone that hasn't met Dom should do so, they will be a better person because of it"

I was wondering when the party was going to surface. I have been hearing it was alcohol / speed related.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back